36..

All I knew was that I couldn't help the pain in my eyes,nose, throat and lungs nevertheless it worked out perfectly because I was able to get some sleep. I felt guilty but there was nothing I could do (*he could have gone to pray but chose otherwise*).....

After two months...
Well after that conversation with zee, we exchanged numbers and we would always chat as she kept asking if I had done any research on the guy. It's so obvious she's really into the guy and it's a mutual feeling but all in all,I'm not going to back down. I'm a goal getter and I don't know how to accept defeat so I have to make zee to be mine at all cost....

It's few days to my sister's wedding and I barely even have time for myself. Alot of things needs to be put in place. The food, drinks, event place, decor and all. I've been up and doing all day long. Most times I come back home extremely tired that I'm unable to chat or call anyone so I just try to get some sleep to make up for the lost times. So I continued like that till the main day and alhamdulillah everything was close to perfection. That day was very memorable and one of the best days of my life. I got the chance of handing over my sister to her husband. It was a small nikkah with lots of people in attendance for reception. I've never seen anything like it before. The typical Ilorin wedding activities took place.

Day 1:
The Sisa; This is where the bride takes off from her home and stays at her family house till evening. It's women's event tho. During the day, food is being served and lots of women attend this aspect because it's very interesting. Then the henna lady is called to design the bride's fingers and toes including all the guests that are interested. Then lots of chatting and catching up is involved. Late evening,the bride is being escorted from her family house back to her maternal family house. The women are known to sing and dance to the melodious sounds from the local trumpet. Then a veil is used to cover the bride's face and this dancing is done on the road till she gets to her family house where old women would surround her,pray for her and then wash her hands and feet with water. After which she would dance for people to spray her money and it goes on like that for some hours till she dresses up for the Aisun (Traditional Night ceremony).

Aisun: This is done in the night and can be attended by both men and women. Old women are called upon to sing and dance to harmonious songs and the bride will be asked to join. After a tafseer is done to educate the new bride so as to tell her her responsibilities as a wife. Then the bride can decide to have a mini night party with her friends and family. This is done till midnight before everyone finds a place to sleep till morning.

Nikkah in the morning; The bride wakes up early to be adorned for the nikkah. The typical ofi called (Sanyan) which is always brown and white striped is sown into iro and buba. And a compulsory red beaded necklace is worn by the bride. After everything is set, she is taken to the mosque or the reception venue where she'll sit with her intended husband and they are given proper advice on how to relate and tolerate each other as a team. The words of God is explained with the Shari'a,supported with the hadith to educate them on their roles as a couple. After which the bride is asked to kneel down and collect her bride price popularly known as SADAKI and sign the marriage certificate. The other things required is also collected and pictures are taken. After which the couple leave the mosque to dress up for the reception.

Reception: In a typical modern Ilorin reception an open field or an hall is rented to celebrate the newly wedded couple. But back in the days, the reception is done on an open field. A musician is paid to entertain the guests and the bride dances around to be sprayed money after which the couple will be invited to cut their cake,feed each other,exchange drinks and then asked to have their first dance. Before all that, food is served to the attendees. Souvenirs are also shared to the guests and everything is concluded.

Except for the Fulanis. They have 2 exceptional events called (IJO OLOMOBA) and another one where the bride's hands and legs are tied with (ide) a sort of big heavy bracelet and big leg chain for some days. The bride's hair is made into a simple cute style and beautified with beads after which she wears an ofi (traditional wear - iro and buba) and carries a calabash on her head. She wears beaded necklace and bracelets too. She carries the calabash for a day but wears the  bracelet and leg chain for a week. It has a great meaning in the Fulani culture.

As for the IJO OLOMOBA (Dance of the princess, 🤗we are all princesses tho🤗),  the bride is dressed up beautifully and made to dance to a particular song and beat made by old women forming a small circle, beating a calabash inside a mortar filled with water with a stick. Different beautiful songs are sung of which men and women are allowed to join the big circular dance train. That's done for a long while and money is sprayed on the women,the bride and anyone else. It's a very interesting event to watch.

Well as for my sister, we weren't Fulanis so we couldn't do the last two events I described. It was beautifully done and alhamdulillah my sister got married. One thing to note is that all through the wedding ceremony the one person I looked forward to seeing was My Zee. She was extremely beautiful, she was beautifully adorned and her skin radiated like  fresh milk. Everyday she was looked exceptional and I would smile and click few pictures of her on my old phone. Each night I would stare at them and daydream till I fall asleep. Her looks have clouded my mind and thought. She's all I think about all day long. Every night I dream about our wedding. It makes me feel like making her mine everytime I set my eyes on her. I would get jealous at different men that stared. Even though she didn't see me, I was safeguarding from every evil. All I knew was that I loved her, I love her and I always will..

Asalamualaikum waramatullah wabarakatuh dear readers, I'm really sorry for going MIA🐵. I hope you enjoyed this chappie. Aswear I really tried to do something but I hope you like it. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Jazakhallah khairan 💛. Pls stay home and stay safe💙💙💙. Ramadan Mubarak 💕.

Love from _dizza99💕