30.

In the morning when I woke up,I heard someone arguing. I realized Murphy wasn't on bed and probably he isn't in the room. So I grabbed my night robe and gently walked down the stairs,the farther I got,the clearer the conversation. I heard him say "Don't you dare threaten me Mr Khalid. We both know the boy is guilty of the charge. He killed his friend and just because he's from a rich family doesn't mean justice won't prevail. If you think I'm doing this because of money then you're absolutely wrong,I'm a human right activist and I'll never tolerate such bull shit ok?. You can do your worst Mr Khalid. Good day". With that I didn't even realize I was down the stairs and I went close to him and wrapped my arms around him....

He stiffened as he felt my touch and took some seconds before he faced me and gave a fake smile. He hugged me so tight that I was almost suffocating but I enjoyed it because I know all he needs now is my comfort. I reciprocated even though I know his height probably won't allow me to easily wrap my arms around his neck so I opted for a better angle. I listened to his heartbeat by placing my head on his chest. After a while,I withdrew and he gave me a lingering forehead kiss and with that I told him...

"Do you want to talk about it?".

"Hmmmm yes,I think it's best to get it off my chest. I'm sure you noticed my bad mood yesterday before I entered the kitchen".

"Yes that's true. I noticed but I didn't want to disturb as I noticed you were too tensed to talk so I decided to go with the flow".

"Thank you zee,for being there through the good and bad times. I appreciate everything and for understanding me completely. Ok the thing is a man of about 50 years came to my office and narrated his ordeal about how his son was murdered by his friend all because of a girl he met recently".

"Ok go on Murphy I'm listening"

"Just wanted to be double sure. Thanks honey. Okay so the man told me he got home and was calling his son's number for days when he realised his number wasn't going through. He said he then decided to visit him in school and talk to him only to discover that it's BN almost a week since they saw him at the hostel. He said he immediately went to the nearest police station and lodged a complaint. He gave them the necessary information and he was promised that all will be fine. He said he received a call from a strange number that they found a body at a river bank and it seems it's his son's body because they found his phone at a nearby bush and immediately they checked his phone,his number was the third to the last number he called. He said he immediately called his private investigator and they got in contact with the police station. After some minutes,they arrived at the scene and behold he found his son's body swollen and at the verge of bursting. Immediately the forensic department took care of the body and an autopsy was conducted. In the result,we found out that he was strangled and then probably pushed into the river because his dad said he doesn't know how to swim. Now back to how we know his friend killed him. Some passer-by said they heard when the two friends were having a heated argument and before they could stop them,they saw his friend push him into the river and then he drove off quickly".

"Subhanallah!!! So all this happened because of one stupid girl probably sleeping healthily in her room. Men sha".

"What did we do oo? Don't you know that the prophet said that the second main weapon of destruction after money is women?. Don't you know you people are men's weakness?. God had bestowed on you so much power and that's why HE forbade zinah"

"Hmm that's so true".

"Ok so back to the story, we tried tracing the friend and when we found him,he denied the charge though we didn't inform him of the witnesses we have because they might try to convince and bribe the witnesses or harm them. So ever since the case has been taken to court, his lawyer has been calling to threaten me to step down from the case and take a bribe of 10m, of which I refused so right now I'm just tired though I know I'll never give up on that case and justice will prevail. I'm assuring you that in Shaa Allah".

"Hmm,it serves them right. But please Murphy I want you to be very very careful. You know issues like this is always dangerous and we have nobody except Allah please moi amor 😉,be very careful". And with that I gave him a very passionate kiss and pulled him close to me for a long hug before I suggested we go for a cold shower.. It's kukuma sunnah to have bath with your spouse..

Barely a month after,
"Alhamdulilllah zee,we are almost winning this case. Event has turned around and now it's in our favour as we have been able to gather more evidences. If I win this case , it'll give me a national recognition zee. It can help my political ambition and have I told you about the money involved about 3M!!!. Subhanallah! Alhamdulilllah!!! I'm so happy".

The next thing I felt was my leg in the air. As Mohammed already carried me and was spinning me around.

"For this new turn of event,I promise you a dinner date tonight. Please just take the kids to mummy's place and then get ready. I'll come for you by 8pm. And please look extremely beautiful because you are all I want to look at tonight 😉".

"Ok Abdul"

"Abdul????, Who's that again?"

"It's one handsome dude who's disturbing me".

"Tell me his address so I can murder him already,how dare him stare at my beautiful queen!!!".

I can already feel him clenching his fist,his eyes red burning with envy and jealousy but I was enjoying this drama way too much to stop now.

"He's right in front of me".

"Where zee?"

"Let me kill the bloody bastard!!!".

"You can as well kill yourself Murphy coz you're the one".

And with that I ran up the stairs and quickly locked the door before he could catch up with me...

Alhamdulilllah on the completion of this chapter. I don't know why but I love this chapter so much..I'm so sorry lovelies it took so long before I could update. Ema Binu. No vex ehn. U b my G na. I no fit do you like that na. Who's in love with the new Murphy 😍? Coz I am already🤩😘. And zee is now having so much guts😃. It's so sweet to see the lovebirds in love🌹. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share if you love the chapter. Bye. Salaam. Peace. Till we meet again.
_dizza99.
Don't forget to check out "the bleeding ink and my diary like life" please just take some seconds to take a glance at it and give some feed back. Please pretty 😘.