Chapter 18 *Muhammad's stay*

Zainab's POV
The next few days without baba was horrible,his memories just kept lingering everywhere.. It was almost impossible to forget about him. Muhammad's mom actually stayed with us for a week before leaving for her house and during that period,Allah and Muhammad was my only comforter. He would ask me to read the Quran and Hadith and most times he would tell me about the stories of the prophet and what they had to go through before Islam was accepted..How Bilal was beaten,made to lie flat on the makkan floor with big rocks on his palms and with floggings as his breakfast,lunch and dinner but still he didn't give up,How Summayah was the first person and the first female to die for Islam and her husband the first male to die for Islam..

Thank God exam is over and I have all the time in the world to myself. Suddenly Muhammad came up with the plan of staying at my house for a week and somehow he managed to convince his mom and since his mom and my mom are best friends mom didn't have a choice but to agree..All through his one week stay we were always together,we would pray together,wash dishes together, most times would do my chores and leave me to rest,my imaan got better because of him,we would revise the Qur'an together and OMG!!, Muhammad's voice was to die for..His voice was alil bit nice as that of Jubril Wahab's voice.. God I was mesmerised..I would always look forward to the recitation class because of his voice, sometimes I even daydream about his voice and God I was beginning to lose it..Thank God I was through with my exams😹..

There was a Thursday when we were the only one at home,we made breakfast of pancake and custard,made toast bread,fruit juice,it was like we were just too happy and wanted to prove who was the better cook and thankfully I won. After that I served everything on the dinning table and just before I went to call him, I made a quick glance at the kitchen and OMG!!, it was terrible, everything was upside down,flour was everywhere and it looked really messy, I only smiled and then made my way to his room.

On getting there,he was on his bed, shirtless and was playing candy crush but I just entered without knocking and God!! The sight before me was masha Allah!! I had to close my eyes and run outside...

"Oh am so sorry! Subhanallah! I should have informed you,I should have knocked!! I'm really sorry Muhammad. Didn't mean to barge in! I'm so.....

" Shhhhh!! It's okay,it's nothing, I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose and besides I'm no longer shirtless so what is it you want to tell me?"

"Well,ehmmm hmmmm...urghhhh...ok hmmphhh...I ..I.iii..just wan wanted ..to like ehm tell you the food is really handsome ohhh ehm sorry!! Ehm ready I meant to say.."

"Oh okay,great then,I will join you very soon or don't worry I'm right behind you,ok?"

"Ehmm ok,sure"

The next few moments was sort of silent and awkward,I was just stealing glances and most times when my mind travels back to the lovely nice view of his chest and muscles...God!! is all my head would scream...but every time I keep controlling my thoughts by saying Audhubillah minashaytanni rajim,bismillah rahmani rahim..Every time I said that Muhammad would stare confusingly as if searching for answers and explanations but instead I would just rather look away and concentrate on my food..

"Ok" suddenly Muhammad broke the silence and then he said,

"Ok fine,you barged in unexpectedly and you said you are sorry,so please can you say exactly what is amusing you? and besides I said it's fine,read my lips ITS FINE"..

Oh God!! Did he just ask me to read his lips ,does he not know how cute they look? And how much fitnah does he want to cause by asking me to look at them.

"Ok so read my lips zee,I said look up"

"No"

"Zee!!"