Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9: Mackenzie's POV

I woke up the next morning to my sister screaming.

"Mackenzie get up! Mackenzie you have to get up the house is on fire!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"What!" I asked jumping out of bed.

"The house is on fire! We have to get out of the house!" she said starting to cry.

"Okay. Okay. Come on." I said while pulling her out of my room and down the stairs.

"Mackenzie we can't get out this way all of the downstairs is on fire." she said crying.

"Ok umm let's go back upstairs." I said pushing her up the stairs."Go into my room and wait for me." I said. I was on the stairs looking downstairs. I heard a cracking noise and looked up at the ceiling. I saw a beam holding my ceiling up cracking. I looked back down and the cracked beam fell and it hit my head. Then I blacked out.

Nash's POV

I woke to the sound of sirens coming from outside. I got up and looked out my window. "Shit!" I said. Mackenzie's house was on fire. I ran outside in my pajamas. I saw Mackenzie's family outside but I didn't see her.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Hasting where's Mackenzie?" I said worried.

"Umm...she hasn't come out yet but firefighters are in the house looking for her." Mrs. Hasting said tearing up.

I saw firefighters lifting something out of the house and putting it on a gurney waiting outside the door. I would know that beautiful chocolate brown hair anywhere. It was Mackenzie. She wasn't moving and I dropped to my knees hoping she was alright. They pushed the gurney across the yard and put it in the ambulance. I ran back to my house and grabbed my car keys and headed to the hospital.