♡ Twenty-Two ♡

"What do you mean, walk?!" Aubrey asked putting an attitude on the word walk. She walked over to Amy; eyes glaring at the Australian like they were sending darts through her skull.

"She won't start" Amy whispered a bit nervous of the other blonde. She wasn't sure what to even do to fix it. Amy didn't have that knowledge on mechanics. She was just the driver.

"Oh give me it!" Aubrey yelled and pulled Amy out of the seat. Amy stumbled out and into the aisle; shrugging at all of the girls that looked at her. Aubrey sat down in the driver's seat and tried starting it. It would start up a bit, but then give up. She did this over and over until the engine started to smoke and all girls made her stop. Cynthia-Rose quickly rushed out and opened the hood so the smoke would clear out.

"So I don't think we are getting to Regionals-"

"Don't you dare say those devil words again Amy!" Aubrey cut off and stood up. She walked out the bus; all girls following to see where they were.

"Call the cops?"

"I have no cell service"

"Neither do I!"

"No bars"

Aubrey paced around back and forth. Her hand on her forehead and her other hand was on her hip. It was obvious she was in distress. They were parked in the middle of the road; bus broken down for an unknown reason on Regional night.

"Aubrey, breath" Chloe walked over and stopped her from pacing to do their breathing exercises. CR looked at the engine and shook her head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" Stacie asked as she crossed her arms.

"It's completely dead" She simply answered and closed the hood of the bus.

"What do we do?" Amy asked.

"I know this area" Beca chimed in as she looked around. "If I remember right, there's a campsite like 2 miles away. We can push the bus there and get help, or walk there and get a tow truck for this. But half of us would have to stay-"

"What if we all went, you and Chloe stayed here?" Amy asked. A playful smirk on her face as she looked at the other girls who caught on quick. They all nodded and Beca looked at Chloe.

"Is that okay?" Beca asked.

"Yeah! I mean, yeah" Chloe said excitedly, but then acted like she meant it was just cool.

"Alright, well let's get going" Aubrey said. The rest of the group said good bye and started to walk down after Beca gave them directions. Chloe and Beca got in the bus; locking the door behind them.
Beca sat in the back; Chloe in front. Both were silent not sure of what to do. They had awhile before the girls would come back anyway.

"We can try pushing it to the side then camp out on the grass?" Beca offered. Chloe turned and shrugged.

"What do we have to lose?" The redhead said. Both girls then unlocked it and got out.

They walked to the back of the bus and at each other. They didn't have to talk. They just knew what they needed each other to do. Chloe pushed on the right side; Beca took the left. It was hard, they were both going to be sore from it. But it was moving. Beca glanced over at Chloe who's muscles on her arms were showing. She had taken her hoodie off and was only in the t-shirt. The brunette tried focusing on Chloe, but bit her lip. Chloe felt Beca staring and blushed a deep red. It flooded her cheeks and a bit of her forehead. She loved the idea that Beca was staring at her, so she acted like she didn't know.

It felt like years, but finally the bus was on the side of the road. Both girls pulled off the back of the bus; exhausted.

"We did it!" Chloe bubbly cheered and hugged Beca. Beca chuckled and hugged back; something she never did.

"Okay, so I have some camping stuff in my bag-"

"You carry camping stuff?" Chloe asked as they walked over.

"You never know, look what situation we are in" Beca smirked causing Chloe to nod in agreement. The brunette pulled the bag out and pulled out some stuff. A fire starter kit, a tent, blankets, first aid kit, and some marshmallows.

"So I have fire starter kit which we will use when it gets darker, a tent we can set up now, blankets, fuck I forgot pillows!" Beca cursed and Chloe just grabbed the tent. Luckily they broke down next to the woods. So they would just camp out next to the bus on the grass.

"That's fine, Bec' . I'll be your pillow" Chloe flirted a bit, but Beca just smiled and rolled her eyes.

Both girls started to set the tent up. Beca was clicking the metal sticks together as Chloe read directions.

"You're doing it wrong-"

"How am I doing it wrong?"

"In the directions it says-"

"Fuck the directions Chlo' "

"Oh you're such a badass Mitchell, no directions for you. But when it collapses on us you'll wish you had directions!"

"Just shut up and help me!"

The girls ended their bickering and started to work on the tent together. Slowly it built up to its small green tent figure. It was small, but enough for both of them.

"Fire?" Chloe asked.

"I can do that, I only have blankets can you somehow make us a comfy bed?" Beca asked as she walked over to grab wood. Chloe nodded and skipped away to find stuff for a bed. Beca walked around grabbed wood and putting it in a pile.

The girl started the fire just like her older brother taught her when they werw young. Their father never taught them stuff like that. He was a business guy. He never thought that wilderness survival skills were needed. Luckily though Beca's older brother thought it was extremely important; so he always was teaching Beca it.

The fire was started and Beca smiled proudly at it. She then found a log of wood. So she carried it over and put it in front of the fireplace for them to sit on. Chloe walked out of the tent and at Beca who was sitting on the log.

"That's so cliche"

"Shut up, Beale"

"I'm gonna go in the bus to get changed, you're going to be here right?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, here. It's getting dark so here's a flashlight-"

"It's a short walk, Beca" Chloe giggled.

"The bus is dark, Chloe" Beca said. The redhead nodded and walked away. She got changed into her sweats, hoodie, and off brand ugg boots. After she came back, Beca went to get changed into almost the same attire. She just had sneakers on and different colors. Her whole outfit was black. Chloe had purple and pink.

After a bit of settling down, both girls sat in front of the fire. Chloe rested her head on Beca's shoulder; something that didn't phase Beca in the slightest. It was almost 6 pm. The girls were already dressed like it was bedtime and set up like it was, but it was dark in their defense. The sun fell earlier each day. But, it seemed like the fellow Bella's would never return.

"Did we set up too early?" Chloe asked.

"It's better to be prepared" Beca answered. Both girls just smiled a bit finally being able to hang out alone. It was going to be a long night.