♡ Thirty-Nine ♡

They had gotten back two weeks ago. Chloe felt like Beca never was real at this point. She just had fallen off the face of the earth it seemed like. All the voicemails and texts Chloe sent along with the other Bella's were ignored. Hell, even Aubrey tried to contact Beca to apologize.

She hadn't been on the radio either. Chloe checked each day and it was always someone else at the time Beca was usually on. Even if it had been two weeks which is halfway through a month, Chloe checked each day. She turned on the radio; hoping to hear the brunettes voice.

It was awkward between Aubrey and Chloe now. Especially being that they lived together. Aubrey tried to make amends, but Chloe just locked herself away in her room when she was home. The redhead was more hurt by Aubrey then anything. Of course she was lost without Beca, but she felt betrayed by her best friend. Someone she felt was a sister to her.

Amy: You turning on your radio today?

Chloe was sat at her desk in her bedroom. The radio sat beside her laptop; waiting to be turned on. It was almost the time for Beca's slot, but Chloe started to wonder if Beca didn't exist. So why would she even bother?

Chloe: Probably not. Why?

Amy: You might want to. Just saying.

Amy was the only one in contact with Beca. The Australian promised to not tell anyone where she was or how she was doing. The brunette was terrified to return thinking Chloe still hated her even if Amy told her it wasn't like that all.

She had been hiding at her father's instead of her dorm on campus. Even if it drove Beca insane to be there, it was better then being where there was a risk of seeing any of the girls. Beca took a two week break to gain sense of everything. There was only three weeks until summer anyway, so the station got someone to cover for her.

But she told Amy she would be going back today. Her spot was back to being her's and she would be the host for her three hours.

"Evening!" Jesse smiled as he was stacking CDs

"Yeah? I know it is the evening, why are you telling me?" Beca asked.

"That's just a way to greet someone.." Jesse explained.

"Alright, weird way to" Beca grumbled as she stepped up into the radio booth.

"All yours" Jeff smiled. He was the segment before Beca.

"Thanks" Beca nodded as he left and she sat back down.

Beca hadn't been here in weeks. This was a familiar area she knew, but it felt foreign. Her bag dropped to the floor beside her as she sat down in the chair. Everything sat in front of her including the headphones waiting to rest on her head.

Usually Beca would be ready and go straight into work, but she still felt lost. Even if Chloe wasn't in the studio with her, she felt alone. Beca had been feeling more alone then ever the last two weeks. She had argued Amy on this so many times.

The argument would be if Beca actually loved Chloe. Of course Beca denied it, they had dated for such a short time on a trip. Aubrey was probably right about Tom being better for Chloe anyway. So Beca wouldn't bother thinking she was good enough.

Amy had argued her many times on that over the two weeks. She tried telling her Chloe was moping around as much as Beca was. Also arguing that Beca didn't love her when it was obvious she did.

Beca shook off the feeling; pushing it down away into Narnia so she could ignore her. Her hands grabbed the headphones and slipped them on quickly before the "ON AIR" light went on.