5

I heard Piper telling Megan about what I had said and how I was betraying Logan. She wouldn't even look at me.

I mean shit all I did was say what we all know. Of course Megan said the same thing and Piper stormed off.

"I don't see how she could think any different, she was the one who told both of us that fact about Dominic in the first place." Megan said scooting over towards me on the table.

"I don't care, all I did was say what I saw in the videos and she went ballistic, she needs to know Logan just got in her head... but it's not like Logan to lie about who started a fight." I said knowing that before he came out right and said he started it, well the one other time him and Dominic fought.

"She'll come around right?" Megan said sadly looking in the direction Piper stormed off in.

"She better, we have a completion to plan for you guys." I said and that's when the conversation moved from Logan and Dominic's fight stance to moves in the studio.

"I heard Logan asking Piper if she wanted to do duet while dancing... poor thing can't even sing." Megan laughed and so did I.

Logan can't sing for shit. He can dance to save his ass but not sing. He sounds like a lady giving birth.

"Well I am sure she turned it down." I said knowing we all knew how bad he sang, even Logan himself knew how bad it was.

"He said they would lip-sync and stuff like that while they dance." She said and that was when I knew Piper had agreed.

I was just starting to realize she was becoming more and more Logan-dependent now that they are a couple.

"She took it didn't she." I said and Megan just nodded. "Has anyone told my mom that she is going to replace the two of them?" I asked and she just shook her head and shrugged right afterwards.

"I feel like it's their job to tell her, but if they don't tell her today then I planned on telling you so you could tell her." Megan gave an innocent smile as I sighed heavily.

"You know how bad she wanted to win this year? She thought this competition was going to pay for my--- college." I said catching myself before saying 'way to Juilliard.'

"Well, unless you take Piper's part and we get another male lead we are doomed." She said and I felt my heart sink. I can't perform in front of judges. I almost fainted when Juilliard said they didn't need an audition. I was so relived.

"I'll see who I can scrounge together, hey maybe my mom would let some of the little kids to be lead that would be unique." I said and Megan seemed excited at the idea.

"I forgot someone teaches the little kids to dance what's their name again?" She asked curiously.

"Johanna?" I said as if it was a question, but of course I was lying, I taught the kids.

"I thought it started with an E." She said and I just shrugged.

"I can't remember, I barely remember your name Melanie." I joked and she gasped throwing her napkin at me making me dodge.

"That's not funny." She said and I just laughed some more as we both stood.

"Bye." I said waving at her. I had calculus again, and that just means a bigger headache for later. Maybe even a migraine meaning I don't have to go to school but can stay at the dance studio all day tomorrow.

I smiled but then stopped when I thought about the pain I would be in. I hated migraines.

I sighed going into Calculus and was happy to see a sub. That meant we weren't going to learn anything, which meant movie, which meant nap time!

I know I seem like I only like sleep, and that isn't normal for a dancer but when I am not listening to music I can fall over and sleep until I hear a beat.

I paid attention as the sub guy introduced himself and when the lights went off my head went down.

Soon I felt the same thing as this morning. Something hit the top of my head.

I sighed and looked up, trying to glare at whoever did that, knowing Dominic wasn't in this class. But when I looked up the sub was standing before me and did not look happy.

"I might be a sub, but that doesn't mean you can sleep in class." He said quietly not disrupting the other kids watching the movie in the front of the class.

"Dude, we are watching a movie... not even a good movie." I mumbled under my breath as he walked back when I sighed and started watching the movie. He went and sat down and I closed my eyes.

I would fall asleep either way. He is just a substitute anyways.

Soon I was being pushed on and I opened my eyes to see a guy I have never talked to pushing on me slightly leaning over. I looked up and then around seeing most of the people packing up.

"Thanks." I mumbled and grabbed my backpack. I didn't take anything out. I got up and walked out heading towards the gym.

I ran the mile and then played volleyball with a few other girls. Soon I was in my mini cooper and heading to my mom's place. Since I knew what studios were open and which were being used I went into one that wasn't ever used... it was the farthest one and just really small. I walked in and saw a guitar... funny I don't play, and neither does my mom. Wonder who it belongs to.

I sighed getting all of my work out and studying some economics. I just didn't get it and I knew that I had to pass this class to pass high school.

Soon I felt sleepy and knew that my mom would see my mini cooper and come looking for me in the studio. She would find me here in the corner, and soon the lights would turn off and I would be in the dark... I leaned back curling up under my small jacket and drifted off.

HOURS LATER:

I moaned lowly when I heard the strum of a guitar. I groaned louder when I heard someone singing nicely and knew my mom might be trying to wake me with soft music like she used to when I was little.

I opened my eyes and froze.

Before me was Dominic Braxton strumming a guitar and singing... nicely.

He didn't see me since his back was to the corner I was sitting in and even though I knew I should keep quiet I heard someone knocking on the door lightly. He stood up and walked to the door.

"Sorry, I know this is your time but have you seen my daughter? Her car is outside and she isn't anywhere else in the studio." I heard my mom and he turned and looked around... his eyes meeting mine.

SHARE with your followers and spread the word. Not updating until I have:

5 people following this story

80 votes in total

and 30 comments...

I know that might seem petty and a lot but hey... I want to know people are reading this more than just once.