20

“Hey… Jesy. Wake up we’re home.” I heard someone whisper and when I cracked my eyes open and I saw Dominic leaning over me.

“Thanks, go see your sister and tell her I hope she feels better.” I mumbled wiping my eyes and making him back up as I got out of the car.

“That’s the thing, she had my mom call me when you were sleeping and she wants to see you.” He said and bit his lower lip making me want to groan but I just looked away.

“I have never had chicken pox… and I don’t think both us having it at the same time would help us win on Saturday.” I said and he seemed to think about it.

“Let’s see, I have had the chicken pox and I will make sure she doesn’t touch you… please. I know she will feel like she didn’t let you down if you come see her.” He was pleading, which must mean this means a lot of Maddie or he would have just woke me up and told me what she wanted.

“Fine, but if I get chicken pox the loss is on your head.” I joked knowing he would keep his promise.

“Go tell your mom and put your stuff down.” He said and then went through his pockets taking out his keys.

I nodded at him and rushed not wanting him to be kept waiting. I walked in and saw a note from my mom on the key table.

Honey something came up at the studio… if you are home before me I will be home by 6 so don’t worry. I’ll bring pizza.

I pulled out my phone seeing it was only 3 and knew that I would be home before she would get home anyways.

I locked the house back up and went right towards Dominic’s car to see him waiting by the passenger door for me.

“Do you need a lift up?” He asked as I opened the door. It really wasn’t that tall and it had a step ladder.

“No, I am not as small as Maddie.” I laughed getting in all by myself. His truck was really nice and surprisingly clean.

“Let’s go.” He said and started the car as he hopped in easily.

When he started driving I noticed he was humming yet another tone and I just smiled looking out the window and waiting to get to his house.

“There is one thing.” He said parking outside his house.

“What?” I asked at his sudden dark tone.

“Act like it is the first time you have met my dad.” He said before shoving his door open.

I didn’t get it. So I got out slowly and walked behind him as he stalked to his front door.

I looked around and didn’t seem to process his words.