12

I never took my eyes off of Dominic as he gulped and then cleared his throat. I thought he would do it but he seemed to ignore my gaze.

"You aren't going to sing?" I questioned and he just shook his head. "I thought your plea was to stop being scared of the stage." I said and he glanced at me, the road and then out the window.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before

 And I can't sweep you off of your feet

 Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love

 Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

 And darling I will be loving you till you're 70

 And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23

 And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

 Maybe it's all part of a plan

 Or me I fall in love with you every single day

 And I just wanna tell you right now...

So honey now

 Take me into your loving arms

 Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

 Place your head on my beating heart

 And I'm thinking out loud

 That maybe we found love right where we are

 When my head's overgone and my memory fades

 And the crowds still remember my name

 When my hands don't play the strings the same way

 I know you will still love me the same

 Cause honey your soul can never grow old

 It's ever green

 Baby your smile forever in my mind in memory

 And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

 Maybe just the touch of a hand

 Or I continue making the same mistakes

 Hoping that you'll understand

 That baby now

 Take me into your loving arms

 Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

 Place your head on my beating heart

 And I'm thinking out loud

 That maybe we found love right where we are

 So baby now

 Take me into your loving arms

 Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

 Place your head on my beating heart

 And I'm thinking out loud

 That maybe we found love right where we are

 And we found love right where we are"

I was stunned. Literally. He sounded beautiful. And the lyrics were breathtaking. I just wondered who they were about. I wanted to ask but I didn't have the heart to. I mean it seemed as if he had nothing better to do today meaning he didn't have a girlfriend yet or anymore and I didn't want to bring up stuff that might cause hostility.

"Are you going to say something or just leave me here wondering if I stunned you into silence because I suck or because you liked it?" He said laughing at the end as I shook my head quickly.

"It wasn't what I was expecting that's all." I told him and he seemed confused.

"And what did you expect?" He asked not even glancing my way this time.

"Nothing about love... that's for sure." I muttered and I knew he heard it because he laughed.

"And why not? Do you think I don't know what love is?" He asked and I just looked at him out of the corner of my eye.

"I have never seen you with the same girl, I have never heard someone whispering about some new girl going out with you, or some girl finally going out with you so no... I don't think you have ever been in love." I said honestly.

"But you think I don't know what love is." He stated this time giving me a smirk as I watched him glance at me.

"I wouldn't know what it is either so it isn't an insult if that is what you are getting at." I told him looking out the window.

I remembered Maddie saying something about how true love was important to her parents, maybe they influenced Dominic. I wish I were that lucky.

If my dad would have stayed. If he would have just tried a bit harder he would have fit in, he would have been happy like us. I remember coming home and seeing my mom crying. Just crying her eyes out. I was just so mad that she hadn't come to my dance residual I hadn't asked her what was wrong until the next morning.

"Hey!" I heard Dominic shout and I turned to him quickly looking at him and then out ahead of the car.

"What?" I asked seeing nothing wrong.

"Nothing, you were zoning out during my explanation." He said looking a bit concerned towards me.

"Sorry." I muttered not even bothering to make it sound sincere. I was glad he got me out of the memory. I would have been crying if he hadn't.

I still have my dad's letter memorized.