21

“Don’t make him take me out, besides we kind of had a long day.” I made an excuse and Dom just nodded.

“Fine, but can you both take me somewhere when I am better?” She asked looking at us.

“Sure, where do you want to go?” Dom asked right away, I guess as long as he was okay with it so was I.

“The beach.” She said smiling and then started rambling on about how she hasn’t been there in forever, ever so dramatically.

“Fine, I have a couple days’ vacation coming up and I will take you and Jesy there when we are better and she doesn’t have to teach you to dance.” Dominic said looking over at me, looked me up and down, nodded and then looked back at Maddie.

What the hell?

“Thank you Dom!” She said getting up and hugging him tightly.

“I have to get home, Dominic.” I said a little irritated that he looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat.

“Fine.” He seemed irritated, and he had no right to be.

He got up and said he would be home as soon as he could and then walked over to me, I led the way to the stairs going down quickly.

Dominic and I didn’t say another word all the way home.

“Oh and don’t worry about taking me anywhere with your sister. I’ll make up some excuse.” I said slamming his door and walking to my front door casually.

I didn’t hear his car drive off in a hurry and I didn’t hear his door slam shut coming after me so I was left to get in the house and slam that door hoping he would just go away.

I walked into the house and then right into the kitchen going to the fridge and grabbing the cherry soda and turning to get a cup.

I poured some and just sat at the counter hearing nothing. I hated being home alone and I knew it was because when I was younger I was always home with my dad when I was home.

Before I knew it I heard my phone ringing and I just ran for it. I forgot that it was in my bag and that it was near the front door.

I ended up dumping it all out and seeing my mom’s face on the screen.

“Hey mom.” I answered quickly.

“Hey Jesy! I just got some pictures from Barnie and the outfits look great.” My mom said and I just looked down and then remember that I had to get het outfits to the studio.

“Yeah, I am about to bring them over now. I guess we can go out to dinner if you can get off at 430.” I said seeing how it was almost 4 now.

“Yeah, that would be great and we can talk about your day with Dom.” She was happy, too happy.

I wanted to know why and I would defiantly be asking her about it when she was trying to get more information out of me.

I sighed looking for my keys on the floor where I had dumped out my shoulder bag and saw them by my left foot. I picked them up saying a quick good bye to my mom as I opened the front door and was surprised to see Dominic’s truck still there, and he was in there, his forehead resting on the steering wheel.

I decided to ignore him and his irritated behavior and just go. I unlocked my car and got in. I started the car and plugged in my phone and started playing songs off of my phone as I backed out of my driveway. When I passed Dominic I heard him honk but ignored that too.

I drove all the way to the studio and when I got there I walked in without any of the outfits wanting someone even if it was one of the younger kids here to help out.

“Mom, can I get some help with the outfits?” I asked as I got in the room with dancers who were dancing my choreography.

“Yeah, Richie help out.” She said pointing at one of the freshmen dancers.

He nodded and walked towards me. I walked out and saw Dominic leaning against my car.

I saw Richie start walking slower when he noticed. “What do you want?” I asked walking past him and making Richie walk with me.

“What is he doing?” Dominic said glaring at Richie.

“He is helping, and if you didn’t hear I asked you a question.” I said opening the back door and getting half the outfits out and handing them to Richie.

“Go.” He said to the kid as he glared at him.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the remaining clothes and closed the back door with my butt as I started to ignore Dominic’s presence. He was following me all the way in though.

I saw Richie looking confused at the front desk. “Just follow me.” I told him with a small smile but as soon as I turned my back to him I heard rustling and then Dominic telling him to go away.

Great.

I opened the door to the closet at the end of the hall where we kept trophies of people like me and my mom for private competitions and ones that were just one person.

“Are those yours?” I heard Dominic ask as I turned and snatched the outfits he was now carrying.

“Yes and no.” I said turning and shutting the door to the closet and walking away from him.

He followed of course. “So how many are yours?” He asked as I walked to the front desk to write a note to my mom of where I would meet her.

“Some.” I sighed out and told her I would meet her at our regular pizza place.

“Look-” He said grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him. “I am sorry okay… I don’t know what I did to offend you but I didn’t mean it. My family and that house is a sore subject and I hate it when people come over. I get moody and I say and do stuff without thinking.” He said and I just pulled my arm out of his grip.

“Well I am not a piece of meat and I don’t accept your apology.” I said and started walking to the room my mom was in. I opened the door and felt Dominic stop right before he was seen.

“Are you leaving?” She asked and I just nodded handing her that paper.

“Jes, what are you doing tomorrow?” I heard someone shout from the back of the class. I ignored them knowing that is what they usually do when they see me. They know I want to date another dancer and they make fun of me for it. I don’t let it get to be though.

“I don’t know…where are we going?” I joked knowing that I could at least stun them with a response.

I sort of laughed coming back out and running right into Dominic’s chest. “You aren’t really going to go out with that guy right?” He asked and I just rolled my eyes. “Because we have practice tomorrow.” He added and I just thought back to planning anything with him.

“No we don’t.” I said trying to get away from him. I still didn’t want to be around him.

“Well we do now.” He said and turned to walk away. “What are you doing now?”  He asked turning back to look at me as I waited for him to leave.

“I am leaving.” I said taking this time to walk past him.

“Where?” He asked like a little kid.

“Somewhere.” I answered and opened the front door.

“That sounds cool, I’ll meet you there.” He has got to be kidding me! Can he not take a hint?