26

I heard knocking and begrudgingly got out of my nice warm bed knowing it might be Megan or Dominic, either one would get my death glare. I was almost back to sleep. It was nearly noon too.

I walked over, peeking through the peep hole I saw Dominic. I opened the door and was about to ask him where he had been this morning when I saw a pissed off Dominic with a glare and saw dust still in his hair.

“What’s wrong?” I asked letting him in.

“One I was called into work this morning around six.” I sucked in a breath, I didn’t say anything though. “And two, when I got to the studio to see if you were still there I saw your note and was about to leave when, wouldn’t you know it, Logan came out.” He said and I knew my eyes went wide and I was worried he had done something. “I didn’t fight him. I did read your note. He was asking for it though, it was like he knew I wouldn’t do anything.” He was seething and glaring down at his hands.

“Thank you for not fighting him.” I said and I felt like I should hug him but I just smiled up at him and he just grunted. “You want something to eat?” I asked trying to get him to calm down and forget about not doing anything to Logan.

“What do you have?” He asked and I heard his stomach growl. I laughed a bit and waved at him to follow me into the kitchen.

“How does grilled cheese sound?” I asked noticing we didn’t have a lot. I hoped my mom knew that and she would actually go to the store later.

“That would be great, where is your mom?” He asked looking aound.

“With her mystery man. She wanted whoever it was to talk to me earlier but I heard a loud no and then a door slam. He must really not want to be on my bad side.” I said laughing a bit at the end.

“You have a bad side?” He sounded amused and I just raised an eyebrow at him as I started making his food.

“Yeah, would you like to be on it?” I asked glaring at him now. Hard.

He seemed to look at my face a couple times over and he just shook his head a couple times and then looked at the food I was making him.

“Do you want one or two?” I asked getting some bread out for one.

“Three?” I heard the innocent tone and had to look up to see a smiling Dominic and it seemed like he was trying to beg and look innocent like little kids do.

I laughed and nodded. I got 4 more pieces of toast out and then buttered them after I got the pan out and turned the flame on.

“Can I also have two slices of cheese on each sandwich?” He asked in the same tone but when I looked but this time he had a look of utter starvation on his face.

“Yeah.” I nodded and noticed I hadn’t even taken out the cheese packets yet.