33

School was out, Mr. Cater apparently quit and I was nervous as hell.

I walked to my car seeing Dom getting in his truck. He was watching the class today, and for some reason I didn’t want him to. I knew I danced in front of him every day, but today just felt different.

It felt like I had to impress him. But I knew I didn’t so I wouldn’t. I would stick to what I had been teaching him. The same dance, the same routine and then I would dismiss them. It wouldn’t take that long… and most of the kids weren’t coming in, mostly the boys since they were in the boy scouts and they have a retreat this week.

I always wanted to be a Brownie, like a girl version of the boy scouts, but never really knew how to get into the club. I’m too old now.

I drove to my mom’s studio distracted and when I pulled up my mom’s car was there, Dom’s truck was next to hers and I parked next to his.

I almost slipped getting out of the car but knew I had to be careful. I knew that now that I have feeling for Dom that I might spaz out, get a little accident prone, but that can’t happen. I can’t hurt myself.

I walked in seeing Dom and my mom talking and she just squealed running over to me and hugging me tightly.

“I see you told her.” I managed to breathe out looking at Dom but his eyes went wide and he shook his head.

“Told me what?” She asked pulling back.

“That we are sure we are going to win on Saturday.” I said recovering quickly.

“Oh, I’m so happy… I got the guy I have been seeing to agree to come see you on Saturday. I am so excited, and even more so now that you said you are sure you are going to win.” She said and I watched as she basically skipped down the hall.

“She is really happy.” Dom said and I just nodded not knowing when the last time she was this happy was. Probably way before my dad started that affair.

“She hasn’t been that way in a long time.” I said sadly still looking the way she went. I felt Dom’s arms wrap around my waist and pull me to his chest. He kissed the top of my head and I just sighed. “I’m okay.” I said looking up at him.

“Jesy! I need you!” I heard my mom shout and I groaned walking away and right into her office.

“What oh mother dearest?” I asked blinking innocently just in case I was in trouble.

“Where is Dominic?” She asked crossing her arms and giving me a pointed look.

“Dominic!” I shouted and heard his footsteps like an echo coming down the hall.

“Yes Ms. L?” He asked sticking his head in the door.

“When were you both going to tell me you were dating?” She asked and glared at him.

“Uh, you see-” He looked at me expectantly but I kept rethinking about how she would know.

“How do you even know?” I asked narrowing my eyes at her.

“I have my ways.” She used to say the same thing when Megan told on me about sneaking out to go to my spot… she hated it when I went out there alone.

“Megan is such a gossip.” I sighed out seeing Dominic out of the corner of my eye start coming more into the room.

At least he wasn’t trying to sneak away.

“Now, when were you going to tell me?” She asked and only looked at Dominic.

“When she wanted.” He said making me wish he was one of those guys who wanted to run for the hills the moment the mother found out the daughter was dating and wanted to speak to the guy. My mom would be worse than any other since she also threatens.

“Good answer, but you just got her in trouble… and for your information Jes, it wasn’t Megan… little Jasmine from next door said you were in a bad relationship with a bad boy… I was furious and asked her who… she even whispered Dominic’s name.” She was scoffing but I was furious.

Jasmine told on me? Seriously? How childish is that? She isn’t even my friend! She has no right to say that I am in a bad relationship… she doesn’t even know Dom! She shouldn’t judge when she is with Jaden… the boy who has had every other cheerleader on her squad! Dominic would be more faithful than him!

“Jesy… sweets calm down.” I felt Dominic’s hands on my shoulders as he started to apply pressure and massage them I calmed a bit.

“What has got you so worked up?” My mom asked and I bit my lip.

“She thought I was gay and then said that I shouldn’t be with Dom because he is known for fighting and that I wouldn’t know if he would ever abuse me… she is some stupid cheerleader that thinks that since she is so high on the social status that she knows everything about everybody and that give her the right to judge and spread rumors. Not to mention her legs -” I felt Dom’s hand over my mouth making the rest of my words come out as mumbles.

“She just insinuated that I would hurt your daughter after basically telling her that everyone thought she was gay.” Dom summed it up and I crossed my arms.

“What does everyone mean?” She asked looking at me and then Dominic.

“Apparently every guy at school thought she was gay and that was why she isn’t taken before I came along. Guys were giving me glares when they thought I wasn’t paying attention today that I thought it was funny.” Dominic continued still not taking his hand off of my mouth.

I licked his hand and he just took it off. I was about to say something when his other hand came back over my mouth. This time I bit it and he pulled it back quickly not making a sound like I hoped he would.

“Did she bite you?” My mom asked like I was a puppy.

“Does she do that to everyone?” He asked looking down at me with a raised eyebrow.

“She bit me one time, hurt like I had just cut my finger.” She said and shivered like I had caused some sort of horrible memory.

“You two can leave me alone.” I said in a childish tone before walking out hearing both of them laughing, but only Dominic’s laughter following me down into the kiddy dance room.

“Owe!” I heard him say after a loud thud.

I turned around to see him holding his forehead with a huge smile on his face that quickly turned to pain as he put pressure.

“What did you do?” I asked looking at his forehead and seeing a red part.

“Those stairs are too small.” He mumbled looking back at them.

“Maybe you’re just too big.” I said and immediately saw the smirk on his face.

“That’s what she said.” He said grinning like the Cheshire cat.

Great, he had a perverted side to him as well. I am starting to think there is a lot more to him than I thought. Maybe he is more than a bad boy, and family guy and a sweetheart… what else is there?

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!