First Chapter's Continuation

****

Andrew assisted his baby girl inside his BMW, he made sure she was properly secured with the seatbelt before going around the car and hopped inside the driver’s seat. It was 12 noon and his child’s school dismissal time. As a single father, Andrew made sure that he balances his life with work and his five year old daughter. He is separated with his wife who is now a working model and stylist in Los Angeles. Although they are not yet annulled or divorce, Andrew lives his life as a bachelor- single father. He was living this life for almost two years now and is already well adjusted with what life threw him. In his mind and heart his priority is Ashley.

Fortunately he is a well known Mogul in the food industry and a world renowned Restaurateur so money is not a part of his worries. He has a nanny nurse for Ashley and her own personal driver but Andrew make sure that he is the one bringing and picking up Ashley in her school. It was Ashley’s second day in kindergarten and he was so relieved that his daughter is well adjusted in her new classroom environment and as he witnessed early that morning, his daughter seems to be having new friends already. At that thought, Andrew looked sideways and faced Ashley.

He smiled sweetly at his daughter and patted her head with the palm of his hands. “Baby girl, is the boy who grabbed you earlier, your new friend?” Andrew asked his daughter as he waited for his girl’s reply. Andrew is very open to his child and he makes sure that even in her young innocent mind, his child will develop an open communication with him.

Ashley smiled at his father enthusiastically and bobbed her head up and down. “He is Cobbie, Daddy my new seatmate and friend. He is so cute daddy. I like him already.” His daughter told him as she licks the restaurant made lollipop he brought for her.

“Really, may crush na agad ang babygirl ko?” Andrew retorted in his usual childlike tone he often uses with his daughter.

Ashley giggled and blushed at his inquiry. “His mommy is beautiful right Dada, I saw you this morning. Hinawakan mo ang kamay ng mommy niya, Dada. Crush mo mommy niya noh, Dada?” His daughter innocently bantered with him which made Andrew laughed out loud.

“You little lady, your too curious to say those things,” He said and rumpled Ashley’s hair. His daughter giggled and focused herself  in finishing her lollie.

Andrew took this as a sign that this conversation with his daughter reached its halt and started the car’s engine. He was about to go on to reverse as he was pulling out of the parking space when the beautiful lady’s face flashed in his mind.

“Can I help you stand up?” He asked the young mother kneeling at the floor. She seems shocked that her son left her with another girl. Andrew silently laughed at the audacity of the two little ones action. He tried to control his laughter and looked at the still shocked young mother. The lady lifted her head as she saw his hand. Andrew tried his best not to look so obvious but joking aside ‘muntik na siya mabilaukan’. He can’t explain it but the lady’s face made his heartbeat, beat faster.

“God, she is beautiful in a simple but classy way.” His mind whispered inside his head. Andrew controlled his inner thoughts because at this time of his life distractions are a no go for him and a woman who has the capability to distract him,

spells trouble…..

The unknown and unnamed woman lightly took his outstretched hand and gave him a small smile. Andrew helped her up and gave her a curious smile.

“Andrew.” He unconsciously blurted out. Andrew has no plan of knowing the woman’s name and let alone gave her his name but somehow he can’t help it.

The lady blushed and again gave him a small smile. “Faye.” She replied before turning her back to him. “Sorry I need to be going. Thanks for the help again.” Faye added and left, hurriedly. Making Andrew dumbfounded.

Andrew was woken up in his reverie when a car honked its horn at the back of his car. Andrew hurriedly maneuvered his gear and completely left the parking space. When he was smoothly driving the car again, he scolded himself.

“Forget her, forget this Faye. Hell, Andrew, she might be married and you are just a separated man not a divorced, one. Don’t complicate your life.” He mumbled silently.

“Dada, are you going crazy. Why talk to yourself?” His little girl joked and laughed at him, as he does not realized that he mumbled some words loud enough that Ashley was able to catch some of it.

Andrew laughed and tickled his daughter. “You, little miss, behave.” He said as he faked an angry tone. Ashley giggled and ignored him and continued to doodle on her notebook as she seats beside him at the car.

Andrew tried to erase the morning’s occurrence and focused at the task at hand. Drive him and Ashley at one of his Restaurant and have their lunch.

But along the way Andrew can’t helped but think. He’s been almost two years separated with his wife even though his manly needs are well taken care off. His life can only dictate sexual affairs without strings attached. Serious relationships are not included in his immediate future and plans.

He ended his thoughts as soon as he parked his car at the parking space at one of his Restaurant it was Ashley’s favorite one, he then turned off the engine and focused his attention back to his little girl.

“Come’ on, Baby girl. Your favorite meal is waiting for you.” He said over excitedly and pulled out his seatbelt.

****