Chapter 4

One Month After

After two weeks of taking fertility drugs and daily doses of hormone injections, Faye was now laid at the doctor’s clinic bed while Julian is seated beside her; he was holding her hands as Dr. Rivas, their fertility Doctor is examining her.

“We will conduct an ultrasound to check if your eggs are ready for retrieval, okay Faye?” Dr. Rivas told her.

Faye nodded her head and gave the doctor a smile of approval. The doctor smiled at her and prepared the ultrasound machine with the help of her nurse-assistant. After 15 minutes of the procedure the doctor told them that egg retrieval process can be done now as the eggs are already ready for fertilization. The Doctor and the nurse went out of the room first to prepare for the next procedure as Faye and Julian was left in the room both of them seems to be contemplating about something.

“Nervous?” Julian suddenly asked Faye.

Faye nodded and pursed her lips. Julian gave her a small smile and held on to her hands.

“I am here, Faye. Remember when I agreed about this I told you that I will be performing my duty as a father. I will help you through this, Faye.  I will not allow you to go through this process and journey alone.” Julian assured her.

Faye smiled at her friend, her eyes seems to water already. “What if this won’t be successful, ‘paano na si Cobbie?’” She emotionally uttered as she squeezed Julian’s hand.

“Then we will try again, my sperms are frozen remember?” Julian joked to help lighten her mood. Faye smiled at that and mouthed a simple Thank you at her friend.

She was so grateful of Julian without him she doesn’t know what to do and how to thrive through this complicated journey. She then remembered the day she told Julian of the situation and Cobbie’s condition.

“I’ll do it, Faye with no hesitation. I know it will be hard of a situation and it would be weird but I willing to take the risk just to save Cobbie’s life. If the IVF would be successful I’ll guarantee you I will stand by you and the baby and be a father to him or her and be your partner in any way.”

Faye remembered Julian’s words and was so appreciative of what her friend did for her. They are both scared and lost in this kind of weird circumstance but they have to do what they have to do,

For Cobbie.