Chapter 11

"Tito Daddy, nagalit sa akin si Mommy."

Faye heard her son told Andrew. She was standing just outside the half-open door of Cobbie's room. She was about to enter the room but she stopped herself as soon as she heard what her son, said.

Instead, she just silently looked at the two.

Andrew drew her son closer to him as Cobbie snaked his little arms at Andrew's neck.

"Shhh don't cry anymore little man, hindi naman galit si mommy. Ayaw lang niya sumasali ka sa usapan ng adults, hindi kasi tama yun, baby."

Faye heard Andrew explain to her son as Cobbie continued to hug him.

"Later, say sorry kay mommy then kiss her  I am sure hindi na siya galit. Ok, baby?" Andrew added as she saw her son nod his head.

Faye inhaled deeply and was about to step inside the room when she saw her son looked at Andrew's eyes and say,

"Tito daddy, can you stay with me and mommy, always. Sabi kasi ni mommy malapit na yung big medicine ko eh. Sabi ng doctor I will be weak for awhile because of it. Paano yun pag weak ako di ko maaalagaan si mommy at yung baby brother or sister ko sa tummy ni mommy. Diba sabi mo I can call you, daddy na. Di puwede ka na magstay here sa house namin ni mommy. Para habang weak si Cobbie may mag lolove sa mommy and baby brother or sister ko."

Faye let out a surprise sigh upon what she heard. The smile from her lips instantly disappeared. Alam ni Faye na sinadya niya ipaliwanag sa anak ang palalapit nitong Chemo Therapy as what her son said it will be his big medicine but Faye never thought or realize that her son felt that she is not enough in his life and that he still needs a daddy.

With in the two years na dalawa lang sila ng anak, Faye tried her best to be everything to Cobbie.

Ayaw niya maramdaman ng anak niya na kulang sila. but now that Andrew is in their lives hindi niya alam kung magiging sapat pa siya sa anak.

With the thought in mind Faye turned around and walked towards her room.

Narinig niya na binabasahan ni Andrew si Cobbie ng night time story, she again sighed and entered her room.

She sat at the side of her bed and stared at no where as her thoughts drifted back to what happened earlier.

****

"Julian what are you doing here?"

Faye faked a surprise tone as she intentionally emphasized the name Julian.

Andrew looked at her with a flare of wonder and something else Faye can't exactly identify, in his eyes.

Andrew was standing just outside the half-door of her son's room, holding a blue box of  cake in his hands.

Faye gestured her hand and mouthed to Andrew to go to her room and wait for her there. Although confused, Andrew nodded his head at her and followed her instructions.

"Yun Ninong ni Cobbie dinaan lang yung pasalubong niya for Cobbie. Inabot na lang niya sa maid. Paalis na rin, siya."

Faye lied at Andrea as soon as Andrea gave her a questioning look after she closed the door.

Andrea nodded her head and accepted her explanation. She then looked at her daughter and smiled at her.

"Ash, baby uwi na tayo. Cobbie might be tired na and we have to do your homework pa."

Faye heard Andrea say to her daughter as she sat back at the couch.

"Mommy can we visit Cobbie again?"

Ashley asked her mother in return. Faye saw Andrea smiled at her little girl and slowly said,

"Itatanong natin kay Daddy. Alam mo naman na we did not ask his permission na pupunta tayo kay Cobbie baka magalit si Daddy. Next time lets ask him tapos isama natin siya next time we visit Cobbie."

Faye silently listened at Andrea's answer to her daughter. Faye tried her best to contain the struggle of emotions inside her.

"Next time isasama namin ni Ash ang huaband ko para makilala mo siya."

Faye heard Andrea say to her as Ashley's mom looked at her with a smile on her lips.

As she does not know how to respond to that, Faye just nodded her head and gave Andrea a small smile.

"He is actually, my ex-husband pero I wanted to patch things with him and make the marriage work again, hopefully this time we will be successful." Andrea added and smiled at her again.

"Naku sorry am I being too transparent. Minsan sobra talga daldal ko. Andrew used to  complain about me being so open. Pati daw private life namin nadadaldal ko. I should learn to control my mouth daw."

Andrea said to her when she was not able to react at what she shared earlier.

Andrea gave her a shy look and laughed at herself.

Faye nodded her head telling Andrea it was just okay and gave her an assuring smile.

Ilang saglit pa nagpaalam na ng tuluyan si Andrea at si Ashley at tuluyan ng umalis ng bahay ni Faye.

****

Faye thoughts were interrupted when a hand rested on top of her stomach as dark brown eyes looked intently at her. She evaded the gaze and saw Andrew kneeled before her and lowered his lips near her small baby bump.

As his lips touched her stomach.

"I Love You, little one." Faye heard Andrew whispered near her stomach as his eyes looked up at her.

"Talk to me," Andrew told her as he tried to touch her hand.

Iniwasan ni Faye ang kamay ni Andrew and looked at him, her eyes serious.

"Umaasa ang ex-wife mo na magkakabalikan kayo, ang anak ko daddy na ang tawag sa iyo. Tapos kung umasta ka parang asawa kita.

Unfair naman ata Andrew." Faye hissed at the man in front of her as she tried her best to control her tears and the confusion inside her.

"Tatay ka lang ng magiging anak ko, Andrew. Yun lang.

Pero hindi ibig sabihin daddy ka na ni Cobbie at asawa kita."

Faye added as she saw a spark of anger in Andrew's brown eyes.

Sinubukan ko lang magpakalalaki para sa inyo, Faye. Hindi ko alam masama na pala ang ginagawa ko."

Andrew retorted to her with a controlled anger in his voice.

"Alis na ako." He added and left her room.

Faye let out the tears she was holding inside her eyes as soon as she heard the light bang of the door as it close.

Tears flowed from her eyes, non-stop.

As the feeling of being alone in the world, again, sets in...

-TBC-