Chapter Thirteen's Continuation

Faye entered the room, the glass of water in her hand. She was half way to her bed, when she stop and froze at the side of the bed.

Cobbie was fast asleep on top of the also sleeping, Andrew. Faye let out a tear and sadly smiled at the scene in her bed.

Faye flattened her palms at her small bump and caressed it.

"Look baby, that is your Daddy. See how wonderful your Daddy is. You are lucky, Baby you will be having a good father. Sana hindi niya tayo iwan, sana lagi siyang nandito, pero malabo yun, baby eh."

Faye whispered to herself as if her unborn child is hearing her. She wiped her tears with her hand and put down the glass of water she was holding at the side table near her bed.

She was about to climbed the bed when she saw Andrew staring at her.

"Oh sorry, nagising ba kita?" Faye softly asked the man who was intently staring at her.

Andrew shook his head, and smiled at her, his movements careful as he does not want to disturb Cobbie.

"Nagtataka lang ako bakit hindi ka pa mahiga. Matulog na kayo ni Baby."

Andrew whispered to her. Faye flashed him a slow smile and carefully climbed the bed.

She settled beside her son and Andrew maintaining a respectable distance between her and the sweet man in her bed.

Faye tried her best to close her eyes and claim sleep. After a few minutes of tossing and turning, she felt Andrew's strong hand gripping hers, she faked that she didn't notice but at the same time she did not let go of his hold.

In minutes Faye, fell asleep.

****

Faye, woke up from the alarm of her alarm clock. She slowly opened her eyes and reached for it. She turned off the alarm and looked at the time,

'Six AM.'

The clock flashed before her eyes. She decided to go back to sleep but changed her mind.

Baka pasukin ulit sila ni Helen at makita neto na katabi nila si Andrew. Faye thought, so she climbed down of the bed and carefully lifted her son who was sleeping besided Andrew, into her arms and carried him out of the room.

She was half way to Cobbie's room ng masalubong niya si Helen,

"Ma'am papunta na nga po ako sa kuwarto niyo para kunin si Cobbie, ako na po magdadala sa kanya sa kuwarto niya. Tatabihan ko na rin po siya. Matulog na po kayo uli."

Cobbie's nurse told Faye as Helen,

got her son from her arms.

Faye nodded at the nurse and thanked her.

Bumalik na siya ng kuwarto at ng makita niya na tulog pa si Andrew, tahimik siyang naglakad patungo sa sliding glass door na papuntang veranda ng kuwarto niya.

Tumayo siya malapit sa railing ng veranda at itinaas ang ulo niya. She squinted at the morning sun and started to talk to her late huaband, madalas niya yun ginagawa pag nalulungkot siya or may gumugulo sa kanyang isipan.

"Why did you left us so soon, Pao?" Faye silently asked her late husband as if he was hearing her.

'Sana nandito ka pa, hindi ko alam ano gagawin ko kay Cobbie, Pao. Sana tulungan mo ako.' She continued as tears threatened to fall, again.

Faye swallowed the lump that was forming at her throat and continued to stare at the blue sky above her.

'Magkakababy na ako ulit, Pao. Sana hindi ka galit. Ginawa ko naman ito para sa anak natin. Sana naiintindihan mo. Miss na kita, Pao.'

She added as she tightly closed her eyes to control the tears forming in her eyes.

Faye opened her eyes when she felt a hand touching her shoulder.

Faye descretely wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

Alam niya si Andrew yung nakatayo sa likod niya. His hand caressing her shoulder. Hindi niya eto nilingon, instead she savored his caress and the silence between them.

'Matagal ko na pinapaayos ang annulment namin ni Andrea. Hindi ko lang alam paano ko ipapaalam kay Ashley. Kaya hindi ko pinamamadali sa abogado ko.'

Narinig ni Faye na sinimulan sabihin ni Andrew.

Nanatili siyang tahimik at nakinig lang sa lalaking nagpapagulo sa isipan niya netong mga nakaraang araw.

"I called him, noong araw na nalaman ko na magkakaanak ako muli. Hindi ko pa alam kung sino ang nanay ng pangalawang anak ko at kahit hindi pa ako sigurado na magpapakilala ba ako sa anak ko, nagdisisyon ako madaliin na ang annulment namin ni Andrea.

Wala na akong balak magpakilala sa babaeng nagdadala ng bagong baby ko, dahil in two years I tried my best na umiwas sa complications ng isang relasyon. Sabi ko noong araw na yun na si Ashley lang ang buhay ko at papanatiliin ko na ganun na lang yun. Pero God has his way of changing things that you planned  for yourself.

Dumating ka, si Cobbie. Nabigyan ako ng chance panindigan ang magiging anak ko.

Wala kayo sa plano ko Faye, pero nakapasok na kayo sa buhay ko. Sa sandaling panahon naramdaman ko ulit magalaga ng pamilya.

Aaminin ko, natatakot ako mabigo ulit,

Si Andrea noon siya ang nagpapaikot ng mundo ko. Bata pa lang kami alam ko na siya makakasama ko sa pagbuo ng pamilya na pangarap ko.

When we finished our degree I've asked her right after graduation to marry me.

Dahil bata pa kami noon we were so irrational and pursued what we wanted at that time.

After one year into marriage, humiling na ako kay Andrea ng anak pero ayaw niya.

She started to blame me inagaw ko daw ang kabataan niya ang chance niya to be successful sa career niya.

Dahil mahal ko siya sinuportahan ko na lang siya.

Nung una okay lang puro trabaho ang focus niya, ng nahalata niya na medyo hindi na masaya ang marriage namin she agreed to have a child by having a surrogate.

Akala ko ng dumating si Ashley, we will be better but instead we gotten worse.

She left for the states and left Ashley with me.

I was so mad. Sinisi ko sarili ko for not trying hard...

Two years after she left I made sure not to deal with feelings again, sabi ko I won't love again. Kay Ashley na lang ang pagmamahal ko."

Andrew lengthily told her. She felt Andrew stepped closer to her as he turned her to him, he touched her cheeks with his hands and looked at her, intently, his eyes serious and sincere.

"I am falling hard, Faye. I don't know kung saan tayo patungo, but one thing is for sure. I am here to stay until sabihin mo sa akin na tama na.

Magpakasal tayo right after my annulment is done.

I love you, si Cobbie at ang magiging baby natin. Mahal na mahal ko kayo. Si Ashley sasabihin ko sa kanya, ipapaliwanag ko ng maige hanggang maintindihan niya. Tapos magsimula tayo na magkakasama."

Andrew softly told her as he looked at her, his eyes telling her that she is everything to him.

Faye was so overwhelmed, she was speechless.

Naramdaman niya na lang na unti unti ng tumutulo ang luha sa mga mata niya.

As her face got closer and closer to Andrew.

"Can I kiss you?" She heard Andrew softly asked her...

Faye just nodded her head and slowly closed her eyes...

****

A/N

The end, lol.

See you next chapter

Comment & Vote, please!