Chapter 4

Our game  tonight is against North Carolina, the rivalry game. The boys were pretty prepared but i could tell Grayson was nervous. We have officially been dating now for about a month. 

"You good G?" I asked walking back into my living room seeing him looking at his phone.

"Yeah" He said. 

"Dont lie i know you're not" I said sitting by him.

"Just nerves, but you make them go away" He said smiling.

"Im glad i do" I said smiling back.

"Marvin and Wendell are coming over" He said.

"Okay" I replied

On cue they both came in.

"Yo yo yo, yall ready to beat UNC" Marvin said. 

"Heck yeah" i replied and everyone laughed. 

Grayson kept to himself which worried me. We all know what he has done in the past and Coach said he didnt talk to anyone those days he did that stuff. 

"G dont keep it all in whats going on?" 

"Nothing, dont worry about it" He kissed me getting up as he put his coat on and left. 

"Whats up with him?" Wendell asked.

"Dont ask me he barely has said anything and i dont like it" I replied.

"You should go talk to him Hannah your the only one who can help him" Wendell said.

"I dont know i dont want to push him" I said.

"He needs to stay clean you know that" Wendell said.

"Fine" I said as we all walked out of my place.

There was one place i knew he would be.

The arena.

I walked in to see him shooting shots. When he didnt make it he would get upset and slam the ball down at one point i thought he was gonna break the ball so i stopped him.

"Grayson stop!" I said taking the ball.

"Why are you here" He said obviously angry. 

"Because i care about you and this is not the Grayson i know" I said looking at him.

"Go i dont need you right now" He said.

"So when you dont need me your just gonna throw me away" I said getting angry also.

"Thats not what im saying. I dont want you to see me like this i dont want you to be around me like this" He said shooting another ball.

"Grayson im with you through the good and bad and im not changing that because i- i love you" I said.

He was shocked by the 3 words i said. He stopped dropping the ball to the ground. 

"Did you just say you um nevermind" 

"Yes i said i loved you because i do" I said and he looked at me. 

I then leaned in kissing him and he gently placed one hand on my cheek and the other on my hip. 

"Hannah you cant love me" He said.

"Why? You wanted me to date you want wanted that"

"Just dont" He picked up his bag leaving the arena. 

I decided to call Emily.

"So he just told you not to love him?" She asked.