Chapter 31

It has been a couple of weeks since offseason started and i missed when we had games and hung out a lot. Now the boys were busy doing whatever they did and a lot of them have declared for the draft. 

I sat in my office sending the files i needed to, to the NBA officials for the boys who have already declared. 

Grayson hasnt told me whether or not he is going to try and pursue a career in the nba. I wanted him to use his skills because he is good, but that could mean he could be far away and i would be here I dont know if im ready for that.

"Hey" Grayson said leaning on the doorframe

"Hi G" I replied cracking a smile, as i was happy to see him.

He walked over wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Wanna go to lunch" He asked whispering in my ears.

"Sounds good to me" I replied kissing him as i grabbed my bag and locked the door.

We got to the pizza place we frequent on campus. We sat in a corner booth hoping nobody would recognize us.

"Hows work going?" He asked me as we looked over the menu even though we knew we would order the usual.

"Pretty boring now that its the offseason. All i have to do is send reports to the NBA about the boys entering the draft thats about it, Whats new with you?" I replied with a smile

"Nothing much, just trying to get through the last 3 weeks of college" He replied with a laugh.

"Whats your plan after u graduate?" I asked him.

"NBA hopefully" He replied.

"You havent declared though and the deadline is coming up" I replied looking at him.

"Cause im not for sure" He said.

"Whats holding you back?" I replied as he looked down

The waitress then came over and took our order.

"You excited for the summer?" He asked looking at me.

"Grayson dont you dare change the subject" I said getting frustrated.

"Hannah dont worry about it" he replied looking at me with a serious look.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"Fine Hannah you are. I want to have your full support because i care about you" He said and i looked at him.

"You know i will support you through whatever Gray" I replied.

"But do you want me to do this no matter the outcome?" He asked

"G im just worried what if you end up in LA or New York and we dont see eachother much" I replied

"Come with me" He said looking at me.

"Woah, you want me to drop school and the team to go with you!?" I replied.

"It would be fun. You and me takin on the world" He said with a smile.

"G i dont know if thats possible i have school and the team this is where i want to be" I replied and he looked down.

"H we could spend the rest of our lives together! Me playing basketball and you can do whatever you want. It could be the future, if you just say yes" He said.

"Grayson i need time to think about this" I replied checking my phone. 

I got back to my dorm and Marvin said he wanted to come over and i needed a friends advice anyways.

"Hey E money" He said hugging me.

"Hey clutch bucket" I replied laughing at the name i had given him during the season.

"You looked stressed E" He said raising his eyebrows as he sat down.

"Grayson wants me to go with him wherever he gets drafted too" I said and Marvin looked shocked.

"That takes guts to tell a girl that. Are you gonna do it?" He asked me.

"I cant give up school, Marvin this is my dream school and im pursing my dream career and my friends i dont want to leave them behind" I said being honest.

"What happens if he goes across the country, are you ready for that?" He asked me, dang hes asking the real questions

"I dont know. Thats why part of me wants to go all in and go with him but then again i want to finish school and what if something happens and we break up. I wouldve given up school and all this and then lost the reason why i left it, i cant do that" 

"So your not going to go with him?" Marvin said raising his eyebrows.

"I guess not" I said as my voice cracked and a tear formed.

Marvin wrapped his arms around me as i let a couple tears fall.

"I gotta gotta go tell him" I said as i wiped my eyes and grabbed my coat.

I stood at his door taking a deep breath i knocked twice.

"Hey, come in!" He said.

"Luke i didnt know you would be here" I said shocked to see Luke Kennard sitting on the couch.

"Hey Hannah" He said with a smile.

"What did you want?" Grayson asked.

"Can i talk to you alone?" I replied. 

"Sure" He walked into his room shutting the door.

"Grayson i cant go with you. I belong here and i cant give up my dream for you. I wanted to you have no idea, i want to be with you. But if something happens and we break up i dont want to have given up everything" I said

"Hannah" He looked at me.

"Grayson im sorry. It was hard for me to think about it, but thats what comes with being together i guess" I said and he looked down.

"Are we breaking up?" He asked me.

"No, i just cant go with you" I said.

"Okay" He said.

"I gotta go" I said as i opened the door heading to leave.

"I love you" He said.

"I- I love you too" I replied as he shut the door.

That may have been one of the hardest decisions yet, but its for the better