Chapter 12

Duke. I was back. Not like i wanted to be, but i had to be. The break was nice to be honest. So many people were already asking questions about Grayson and i do not want to answer them nor do i care. 

"Grayson im impressed your on time" Coach K said as Grayson walked in.

"I tried Coach" Grayson said with a smile

Graysons POV

I miss her. Thats all. I want her back but thats not going to happen. Or maybe it will.

I have to talk to her alone. 

She has Moe and i have nobody i need her back i need her back soon i cant stand seeing pictures of her and him it just makes me mad. I lost her. 

She looked good today. I smiled at her and she just ignored me turning around and talking to Wendell.

"Dont do something stupid G, you know we got her back" Marvin warned me.

"Marvin i need her back" I said.

"You lost her man. Dont ruin her relationship with him" He said as he walked away.

I guess im gonna have to deal with it.

Hannahs POV

Grayson kept staring at me and i just kind of ignored it. 

"Can you wrap my ankles" He said sitting on the table.

"Again, its my job" I said starting to wrap them. 

"How was Ann Arbor?" He asked.

"Please dont act like you care" I said getting up checking my phone. 

"I do care i mean we used to be together" He said standing up.

"Key words, Used to" I said. 

"Look Hannah im sorry" 

"I said i forgive you" I replied.

"I want to fix things" He said and i turned around.

"Its gonna take a long while for that. You burned that bridge a long time ago" I replied. 

"Hows Moritz?" He asked.

"Really great actually" I replied with a smile.

"Cool" He replied. 

"Hows Bailey?" I said with a smirk. 2 can play that game. 

"Cut the ties with her we are no more" He said looking down.

I was surprised. She was always his fall back. But i believe him when he said that. 

"Can i ask you one question without you getting mad?" I asked looking at him.

"Of course" He said standing up as i shut the door. 

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" I said looking at him.

He smiled.

"Of course, im not gonna tell you that just because. I meant it Hannah and i still do" He replied.

"Oh" I said looking at the floor.

"My turn for a question" He said crossing his arms

"Go ahead" I said leaning on my desk.

"Are you and Moritz officially dating, like has he asked you out?" He asked. 

I let out a small laugh.

"No he hasnt. I dont think we are gonna be together anytime soon. Hes busy and so am i. Friends is all i guess. It happens everytime but its whatever" I said rubbing my arm

"Im sorry about that. I could tell you really like him" He said leaning on the other side of the desk. 

"Yeah, yeah i did" I replied looking at the picture of Grayson and i kissing that i still apparently have on my desk. He saw it too.

"That feels like forever ago" He said picking it up smiling. 

"I guess" I replied. 

"Man that was a good weekend" He said setting it down.

"It was" I said remembering what happened. 

"Gosh Hannah i miss you" He said coming closer to me. I could feel him breathing and my stomach turned as he got closer putting his arm around my waist as i placed my hand on his chest. 

Dont give in. Dont give in Hannah.

"I have to do this" He said as he softly placed his lips on mine. It felt like old times. Like what i wanted but what i couldnt have. 

I pulled away.

"G i cant do this right now" I replied grabbing my bag walking out as tears fell from my eyes. 

"Wait" He said grabbing my arm walking in front of me in the parking lot. 

"Hannah i dont want to hurt you. I never have. I want to be with you i want to try again" He said. 

"Grayson i cant let myself get hurt again. Do you understand how much i went through last time?!?" I said.

"Hannah it was hard for me too. Running from me isnt going to help you what we have will be there forever no matter what happens and you know that" He replied looking in my eyes. 

"Im not running Grayson. Im trying to protect myself" I replied as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Please dont cry" He said wiping my tear and pulling me in for a hug.

"Grayson i-i dont know if-if i can" I said.

"We can take it day by day we dont have to rush into anything Hannah" He said as i moved away. 

"Okay" I said and he smiled.

"Okay" he replied.

"Im almost late for class i gotta go" I said. 

"See you later" He said with a smile.

"See you later" I said getting in the car. 

I hope i made the right decision.