Chapter 34

I got to Detroit and it was actually warm. The last time i was here there was snow on the ground and it was freezing. We got to Lukes place and he showed me to the guest room. It was a really nice place and had a super nice view of the city. The guest room had a king size bed with a small chair in the corner and it was painted yellow. His mom probably put pictures in here because there is a baby picture of him and a couple of really funny ones from when he was little. I took a picture of them still laughing when he walked in.

"Those are still up" He said putting his face in his palm.

"They are cute" I said smiling and half laughing. 

"Nah" He said and i could tell he was embarrassed.

"Im not joking they are adorable" I said with a smile and he laughed.

"Thanks" He said looking at me as i put some of my clothes in the drawers as i would be staying for 2 weeks. I was excited to be here, it was kind of like a getaway but with one of my best friends. 

"So i have a team dinner tonight but we were encouraged to bring someone with and since you are here do you wanna go with me?" He asked.

"Um sure" I said a little nervous knowing i would be meeting NBA players. 

"Okay, we should leave in 30 minutes" He said and i shook my head and he walked out. 

I chose a blue floor length dress that had a small slit up the side. I put on some white sandals and curled my hair into beach waves. I pinned a little bit of it up to make a braided crown. I then put on dark red lipstick with a more skin toned eyeshadow that had sparkles in it. I then walked out of the room and Luke was looking in the mirror making sure his hair looked good, thats basic Luke for you.

"Hey H, wow you look good" He said looking me up and down with a smirk i smiled. 

"As do you Lucas" I said smiling still. 

We got to the restaurant and i saw a bunch of tall NBA players and their girlfriends or wives around me. I felt like the shortest person in the room. Luke grabbed my hand making sure not to lose me but it felt nice. 

"Luke my man" I heard a voice say and i recognized Blake Griffin talking to Luke.

I tried not to freak but i could feel my hand shaking in Lukes.

"Hey Blake" He said.

"Whos this?" Blake asked pointing to me.

"Uh shes my uh" Luke didnt know what to say obviously.

"His close friend, my name is Hannah" I said flashing a smile as Blake left.

"Im Blake its nice to meet you, glad to see Luke finally found himself a good one" He said and then walked away. Luke got red hearing that and i smiled laughing at him. 

"Andre" Luke said doing his handshake with Andre Drummond.

"Luke my guy" He said looking at me.

"Oh this is Hannah" He said and i smiled saying hi.

"Glad to see Luke found him a girlfriend" He said.

"Oh we arent dating yet" I said blushing. 

"Oh im sorry i didnt know" He said looking embarrassed.

"No its fine" I said.

"But welcome to the Pistons fam Hannah" He said and i smiled.

"Thank you" I replied with a smile as Luke lead me the other way.

We got back to his place and i took off my shoes laying on the couch.

"You are that tired" He said taking off his suit jacket. 

"Nah my feet just hurt" I said and he laughed sitting next to me.

"Has Grayson tried to get ahold of you?" He asked.

"Plenty of times, i feel like blocking him but im to lazy" I said and we both laughed.

"Has Bailey said anything?" He asked.

"Yeah she said Grayson was surprised and shocked but he said hes gonna help her no matter what" I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at me.

"Yeah im fine why?" I said frantically. 

"You dont have to lie" He said. "I know you arent"

I breathed in sighing. 

"I just wish he hadnt cheated again, and i wish she wasnt pregnant" I said. 

"It will work out, i promise" He said hugging me.