Chapter 40

I got to the airport and saw Devin waiting for me. 

"Hey Hannah" He smiled and i looked down replying saying hi.

"Hannah whats wrong?" He asked.

I hid my wrist and he pulled my arm gently out examining the bruises. 

"Did grayson do this?" He asked as he looked in my eyes.

"Lets just get out of here" I said seeing people starting to recognize us.

We got to Pheonix and he held my hand as we ran to his house in the rain. 

"That was fun" He smiled.

"You slipping was fun" I replied laughing as he took off his shirt trying to find a dry hoodie. 

He showed me to his guest room and it was huge. This man is doing well in the basketball business. My phone dinged and it was by Devin on the charger.

"Can you see who it is?" I asked and he picked up my phone.

"That idiot jerk Grayson" He said setting it down as he put the hoodie over his head. 

"Thats a nice name for him" I said and he laughed.

"I could call him a lot of other names love" 

Love?  Did he just call me love.

"Hm i see" I said putting my bag down next the bed as i laid down on it.

"Why dont you just block him"

"Its not that easy"

"But it might help"

"But it might not" I snapped back.

"Im just tryna help you, he cant touch you like he did that im not okay with and he will hear from me about it cause thats not acceptable Hannah" 

I sighed. Then someone knocked on his door. 

"Mya!" He hugged a young girl who looked just like him. 

"Hi Devin" She smiled at him.

"Hey Mya i want you to meet my uh my uh friend Hannah" He said and she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Mya" I smiled as she hugged me. 

"You too Hannah, Devin doesnt really bring girls around so this is a first" She said and Devins face became red and he shook his head.

"Oh Mya, what am i gonna do with you" He said as we all walked into the living room. 

"Hannah are you going to the game tomorrow?" Mya asked.

"Um im not sure" I replied.

"My Mom cant go and i have an extra ticket, will you go with me?" She asked, i couldnt turn her down.

"Yes, i would love too!" I replied and a smile formed on her face. 

"Devin, i like her. You should keep her around" She said and Devin hid a smile.

"I can try" he said as my phone started to ring.

"Sorry i gotta take this" 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Hannah, are you okay?" I heard Ayesha ask.

"Yeah im fine why?" 

"You had me worried, the boys said they hadnt heard from you and you werent at practice" 

"No im fine, its on the down low for now but im in Phoenix" I said