Chapter 37

"Hannah Banana" Klay said walking in my office on gameday. 

"Klay uh nothing rhymes with Klay" 

"Bae rhymes with Klay"  He smirked.

"Nice try" I smiled. 

"Gameday you ready for it"  He asked me walking by my desk while i put things away.

"Yes, im ready"  

"Who you riding with?"  He asked as i still didnt have my car.

"I dont know" 

"I can take you, its on my way anyways" 

"If you want too" 

"Ill pick you up at 4:30 then" He smiled.

"Sounds good now get to practice before Coach Kerr yells at you again" He laughed running out to the court.

About an hour later i walked out to the court myself. I looked to see the boys practicing and i stood by Coach Kerr.

"Was Thompson with you earlier?"  He looked at me and i froze.

"Uh yeah"  I replied. 

"Ah i figured he would ice his ankles today" He replied.

"Yeah totally" I smiled. 

I looked over to see Kevin, Klay, Steph and Draymond laughing about something and pushing Klay around.

"Boys drop and give me 50 for not practicing"  Coach Kerr yelled as all the boys started doing pushups. 

I looked at my phone to see 2 messages:

Grayson: Can we meet up before i leave?

Grayson: I leave it 11 am tomorrow. I need to talk to you. 

I put it back in my pocket looking up at the boys who were now playing 2 on 2 Kevin and Draymond vs Steph and Klay. Splash Brothers reunited. 

Practice was over and i came outto find Klay shooting around by himself. I grabbed a ball and shot it from the 3 point line and it swished in.

"Okay then" He said turning around.

"Put me in coach"  I smirked and Klay laughed.

"Maybe you should be our backup" He shot the ball from halfcourt and it went in. "Nevermind" 

"Okay Thompson" I walked over hoping it would rattle in. I closed my eyes as the ball left my hand.

"HOLY CRAP HANNAH!" He ran over picking me up by my waist as he ran around with me over his shoulder.

"Klay oh my gosh Klay put me down" I laughed as he gently put me down with his hands still on my hips. 

He leaned in as his lips met mine. It didnt feel like anything ive felt before. I pulled away as my phone rang.

"Hello?" 

"Hannah, this is Sherry" 

"Mrs. Allen whats up?" I said.

"Grayson is in the hospital, he got in an accident this morning" 

"Oh my goodness is he okay?" I asked as i let go of his hand.

"Hes awake but he has a couple broken bones" She replied.

"Is he at Oakland hospital?" I asked.

"Yes" 

"Ill be there soon"  I hung up the phone.

"whats wrong?" Klay asked running up to me.

"Grayson got in an accident, hes at the hospital. I have to go" I replied grabbing my jacket and bag from my office. 

"Do you want me to take you?" He asked.

"No i got this" I replied running to the uber waiting for me.

"Hannah" I heard someone yell and i looked up to see Graysons mom.

"Mrs Allen"  I said as she hugged me. 

I walked in the room by myself. I breathed in as i saw Grayson in muliple casts with breathing help and lots of Ivs. He looked horrible.

"Hannah?" 

"Hey G" I smiled as i touched his hand letting him know i was there.

"Hannah when i got here i thought about what i couldve lost, you wouldve hated me and that wouldve been the last of us and i cant have that" 

"Grayson its okay"

"Hannah i was jealous of Luke, Klay and other. Cause you were mine first" 

"I know. I figured that out"

"Im sorry for cheating on you, and lying to you for all the times i did" 

"Gray its okay, im just glad you are okay for the most part" 

I saw him smile.

"You better go home you have a game to go too" He said squeezing my hand.

"Ill come visit tomorrow" I said getting up.

I got back to my place as i slipped on a red top with a low v neckline and tucked it into my blue ripped jeans. I put on a black leather jacket and some black boots. I put my hair into a messy bun applying dark red lipstick.

"Ready" Klay said at my door.

"Yup" I smiled as he lead me to the car. 

We got to the arena people shouting his name. One even asked if we were dating. I laughed as we walked in together.

"t minus 3 hours till tip" He said coming in after changing into his uniform, he sat on the trainers table lacing up his shoes for the night. I pulled my hair behind my ear checking my phone.

"Are you that worried about the kid who was a complete jerk to you" He asked.

"Im sorry but he was my first love, my first a lot of things and no matter how much he hurts me i somehow always care, im sorry if your too famous to understand that cause every girl wants to be with you but before all this the fame, the big job he was all i had" 

"Im sorry i didnt mean it like that" He said.

"I know" 

"Whos ready for game 1!" Steph yelled walking in with Ayesha and the kids. 

I walked out of the room setting out my things on the court. 

"You good Hannah" A very pregnant Ayesha said.

"Yeah i just snapped at Klay i dont know why it was weird" I looked at her.

"About what?"

"Of all things my ex"

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"I dont know maybe" I replied looking down

Maybe i do, but maybe i just want to ignore them