T W E N T Y - S I X

jungkook chewed on his bottom lip as he waited for his turn. he's nervous and scared.

the cheering made him want to back out all of a sudden.

but remembering his mom's face and his friends, he is determined to face his fears.

"jungkook! it's almost your turn!" youngjae shouts through all the noises.

that made jungkook's heart race. hearing the music ended and the cheers of the crowd, jungkook chewed on his bottom lip again.

jungkook stood up glancing at his phone one more time before handing it to youngjae.

'where is he? i thought he's going to watch.' jungkook shakes his head, erasing those thoughts. he tightly holds the mic in his hand.

"and now let's welcome, jeon jungkook!"

as his name is called, he walks to the stage, temporarily blinded by the lights but continued walking until he's in the middle.

the whole crowd was staring at him, probably waiting for him to mess up.

he scans through the crowd and saw his mother along with his friends. but as he continued, he saw familiar faces at the very top where only teachers and guests can watch.

six familiar faces.

jungkook felt relaxed. jungkook saw taehyung waving at him and mouthing 'hwaiting'. the other bts members did as well.

jungkook took a deep breath as the song finally started.

(NP: If you covered by jungkook. original song by bigbang)

and the moment jungkook sang, the crowd erupted. girls falling in love and boys clapping their hands and cheering for jungkook.

of course, his friends screaming his name at the top of their lungs.

taehyung who is watching at the top couldn't stop smiling, he even got his phone out to record jungkook. the bts members were also amazed by jungkook's voice.

when it came to the chorus, the crowd used their phone's flashlight as a 'lightstick' and started waving it.

hoseok was amazed by the lights that the crowd were making for jungkook.

"whoa~ it looks like he just suddenly had a mini concert here." jimin commented. yoongi appearing beside him and resting his head on jimin's shoulder. jimin smiled at the action.

jungkook's mom teared up seeing her son singing on the stage.

as the song ended, everyone stood up and cheered for jungkook. even the judges stood up too.

taehyung smiles to himself, feeling proud.

'you're doing great, kookie.'