T H I R T Y - F I V E

they arrived at the park and jungkook frowned.

feeling confused.

what are they doing in the park at this hour? and it's dark.

"hyungs—" the two disappeared from their spot and jungkook hears a deep and beautiful voice singing.

(NP: Paper Hearts/Kim Taehyung Version)

the lights all turned on one by one and he saw taehyung at the middle. holding a mic and staring at him.

jungkook admired taehyung and couldn't help but fanboy over him. his voice is so beautiful. jungkook would listen to it all day.

after the chorus, taehyung stopped singing but the music continued.

"jungkookie," taehyung said through the mic, walking towards the now blushing younger.

taehyung handed the mic to seokjin who gave jungkook a wink before walking away.

taehyung grinned before holding jungkook's hand. "come, i want to show you something."

they walked towards a path where rocks where placed in a straight line. underneath the rocks were papers.

"pick the papers and read them," taehyung instructed. "i'll be waiting at the end."

he kissed jungkook's forehead and disappeared before jungkook could say a word.

jungkook grabbed the paper underneath the rock and read it.

it was on the fansigning event when i met you. and you never left my mind.

and on the back it said 'will'.

he walked forward and grabbed the next paper.

i met you on the cafe again. you actually worked there! i was so happy. a coincidence maybe?

behind the paper it said 'you'.

picking the next paper, his bunny smile couldn't leave his face.

we are both close friends now! and i knew you are no ordinary fanboy. i actually like cookies.

jungkook slightly laughed at the random comment about cookies at the end.

behind it said 'jeon'.

hearing you sing through your phone is amazing. i can't believe your dad is missing out something amazing. but kookie, you're great at singing. and dancing of course.

behind the paper it said his name 'jungkook'

i was proud of you. proud of seeing you stand in front and showing them your talent. the talent that everyone's been missing out. i was happy that you did that.

then it said 'be'.

the next paper jungkook read shocked him.

then i realized something. when you sang and danced together with yungho... i felt something. it was jealousy. that's when i needed to say something before it's too late.

and behind it said 'my'.

then jungkook looked up. he saw his friends and hoseok holding up a paper with the letters B O Y F R I E N D?

taehyung at the side walked towards jungkook.

"j-jungkook, i..." taehyung took a deep breath. "i have feelings for you jungkook. i love you more than being my friend. i-i know it's feels too fast but i can't help it. seeing you with yungho... aish, i really fell for you hard, kookie. and i think we are destined to be with each other."

jungkook blinked. it was taking time for his mind to register what taehyung said.

but then it clicked.

taehyung actually loves him back.

"t-taetae... i actually love you too. i realized that before when we came back here." jungkook fiddled with his fingers. "i was just afraid of admitting it to you. afraid that you only just see me as a fan."

"but you're more than that." taehyung held jungkook's cheek in his hand, staring at his eye's. "you're more than just a fanboy to me."

they were interrupted by seokjin and youngjae who cleared their throat.

"so what's the answer to the question jungkook?" youngjae asks, raising his eyebrow.

"we're waiting." seokjin added.

jungkook and taehyung laughed before staring at each other's eyes again.

'will you jeon jungkook be my boyfriend?'

jungkook smiles. "yes. yes i'll be your boyfriend."