F I F T Y - F O U R

jungkook froze once he saw their house outside the car's window. memories about his dad flooded his mind.

"kookie..." taehyung gently held jungkook's hand, making circles in the younger's palm. "your mom told me about what happened that night. i'm sorry i had to make it worse."

jungkook turned his head to taehyung. "taetae hyung, i told you not to apologize. it's not your fault."

"hm... come on. your mom is waiting inside."

-----

"mom—"

"oh, my precious jungkook!" mrs. jeon hugged her son and leaned back to look at him. "you're home!"

jungkook looked around their house, looking for someone to be exact. "w-where's dad?"

his mom's smile disappeared but it came back after a few seconds. this time, it was a sad smile "he left with another woman. but it's okay, i have my handsome son and son-in-law with me."

"oh mom... i—"

"shh. i'm okay. now if you'll excuse me, i will make dinner." mrs. jeon kissed jungkook's forehead before going to the kitchen.

"i'm staying here with you." taehyung wrapped his arms around jungkook from behind, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. "we should go upstairs."

"yeah, let's go."

jungkook yelped when taehyung suddenly carried him in bridal style.

"t-taetae! what are you doing?!"

"carrying you."

"i know that! but why?"

"shut up. i just want to. now be still or else i'll drop you." taehyung threatened, making his way towards the stairs.

jungkook, scared of falling down on the floor, stayed still and let taehyung carry him all the way to his room.

"taetae... what song were you singing at the hospital?" jungkook asked, looking up at taehyung.

"song?" taehyung thought for a moment before his box smile appeared. "oh that song! i wrote that song for you... with the help of namjoon hyung."

"f-for me..?" jungkook blushed and couldn't help but feel special.

"yes. for you."

"can you... can you sing it for me later?"

taehyung chuckled and nodded. "of course, my kookie."