Ex! Len x Reader : Memories

Snow falling slowly from the gray sky covering the pavement road with the color of white. You hold onto the scarf covering your neck from the cold. Steam keep appearing everytime you breathed out from your mouth trying to maintain the cold weather. A bag of groceries was on your hand as you head back to your parents house. Heading the thick coat tightly around,  a few tears manage to slip from your (e/c) eyes as the memories keep flowing down everytime you took a step and saw the surroundings. Using your gloves hands, you wipe away the tears and walk more faster before anyone catches you crying in the middle of the road. Your eyes darted to the gray sky, it was always like that on winter. But the winter in this town is just different. It still felt like the same winter from seven years ago.

Seven years...
Seven exact years has passed from that incident. You move away right after that and after seven years, finally have the courage to go back to this beautiful town filled with painful memories. And you hoped those memories won't come again. Unlucky for you, it did. Every spot on the town held a memory that hold the painful feeling inside your heart. Too many..  There's too many to handle. Even after 7 you haven't moved on fully from the incident.

Suddenly you saw a book store down the road. A small smile curved on your lips as you remember the old bookstore from your childhood. As a child just learning to read, you were desperate to read more books and it even becomes a hobby until now. Your parents usually bring you there to buy new books until you were old enough to go there by your own. And after that almost everyday you save your money to buy more and more books alone. Until he came and you didn't go alone anymore.

A sigh escaped your lips. A woman exit the store looking at her surroundings until she spotted you.  Her pink hair sways gracefully in the air as she walk forward with a smile plastered on her face. You know her of course.  She's one of your old friend from childhood too. She hugged you and you hugged her back giving the best smile you can give. And then,  she offered you to go inside. Entering the book store was a bad idea. Too risky eight now but taking a small peak would be fine right? And also because you don't want to be rude, you accept her offer.

The minute you enter the store the cold weather was replaced by the warm room full of the unique smell of books and papers. The light was a little dim, maybe from the effect of the old building. The place was neat, all the books was arrange perfectly in order, no sign of dust or any other things that's dirty. She kept the place so nice. You remember a spot in the shop, where usually your favorite hook was arranged. Usually spending hours just to choose what book will you buy today,  and he will gladly there acompany you as long as you want sometimes giving a sudden hugs or even his forehead kisses that always can keep your heart flutter.
But now, it only leave a sting in the heart.

"c'mon,  sit here" she tap a wooden chair gesturing you to seat down. And that's what exactly what you did.

"you look more beautiful since the last time I saw you"

You chuckled "really? I don't really think I changed that much"

"you do! I mean.. Look at you now" the pinktitte smiled observing you from head to toe. "you're a grown up woman. You're not the shy glasses little girl who always goes here to buy books everyday anymore"

"Luka, I'm twenty five"

"I know,  I'm just happy to see you here again. I was trying to contact you for almost a few months"

"and why is that?" you asked. You know your old friends will keep their word to not bothering you while you're gone.

Luka suddenly blush and play with her fingers "well,  I'm.. Getting married soon" she said while fiddling with a ring on her finger.