Departure

Fay rested in a small cottage. Krystabi was posted at the door, watching for anything that would move. Fay didn't say anything, instead she studied the stag at the entrance.

" What was your life before you came here?" Krystabi asked

The question caught Fay so off guard that she looked up with worry.

Her life before was basically a rebirth of her previous life.

" I'm supposed to be a fairy but when I was a fairy, I was sealed in a magic sealed crystal." Fay told him honestly

" Fairy?" Krystabi asked with curiosity

" Yeah?" Fay answered

" The fairies have been extinct for along time." he pauses " How do i know you're not lying to me?" Krystabi turned to look at Fay with uncertainty

" You won't but you'll just have to trust me." Was all that Fay said

Krystabi didn't answer her after her statement. Instead they just stayed silent after that. Knowing that Fay could've said something about burning down her home village, it would be best for her just to be quiet in this moment. Thunder roared across the sky and rain accompanied it. Fay jumped as lightening struck the ground. Fay may not fear fire but lightening is another thing.

" It's just lightening, it's not going to hurt you." Krystabi spoke as lightening hit the ground.

Fay scooted into the corner of the torn down cottage. Wanting to get away from the lightening that seemed to be in rhythm to dancing. Krystabi stood bravely by the entrance until lightening struck right in front of him. Krystabi stood back and jumped towards where she was.

" What hapeened to you not being brave any more?" Fay asked as she looked up at him

" What? I'm still brave, " Kyrstabi pauses " I'm just making sure that I'm keeping both of us safe, so we don't become fried chicken out there.

" The lightening is wild." Fay stated

" yea." Krystabi complied

" You think its beacuse of where we are or?-"Fay was interrupted

" Nah, I think its because of you." Krystabi bluntly stated

dead silence~ Fay sat there in silence and confusion. Why would it be because of her? All she did was to save Aaarrrgghh from hurting himself.

" I've been here for eight years and nothing has happened like this ever, until you showed up." He said without hesitation

Fay stayed silent. She wanted to fight back but she knew if she did, he would beat her like Draal did to Master Jim. Master Jim! She could look for him without this other jerk deer centaur. She needed to get back to her family. To Aaarrrgghh.

Oh how she wondered if she'll ever be able to see him again. Movement from her peripheral vision dragged her out of her thought and her eyes landed on Krystabi. He was resting right next to her.

That was it, Fay was tired of his attitude so she stumbled up and ran out of the small torn down cottage. She knew that if she stayed there any longer, then she would've never have the courage to find a way out of this place.

Fay galloped through the storm and back towards the towering tree before her. Lightening stuck near her but, she kept going. Fay was determined to find a way.

Fay slowed down as she approached the entrance of the giant tree. The wind howled as she took steps towards the entrance.

" Where do you think you're going!" Fay could hear Krystabi's voice

Fay turned around to find him at least ten feet away from her.

" Like you said, it's because of me that this storm is over our heads." Fay yelled at him

She was tired about everything being blamed on. So this time she decided that she was gonna take a stand.

Fay stood her ground as lightening struck all around her. Fay dashed out of sight and through the barrier. Lightening still visible through outside, she trekked on through the portal.

Thunder roared and a hard shove pushed her into a wall. It was Krystabi.
He bypassed the barrier and was trying to push Fay back through the portal.

" What do you think your doing! Don't resist! You were meant to be trapped in that place like I was!" Krystabi struggled to shove Fay back into the portal

" No, you were." Fay said as she grabbed his antlers and hauled him to the ground. A loud crack emitted from the collision of the two centaurs.

Fay heaved Krystabi off the ground and into the portal. Lightening shattered through the sky and struck the portal with a seal.

Fay took a step back but only fell over some sticks? She looked at what she tripped over and realized that it was antlers. As reaction she felt her head and felt nothing.