Marshlands Part 2

" No, don't do that! That's very kind of you, but not necessary." Tried to explain as torches were lit

The Wumpas that surrounded Toby and the group began to sing in sync. Fay watched in fascination as Blinky gasped as what he was seeing before his eyes.

" A song of a Quagawump." Blinky whispered as Aaarrrgghh smiled in delight, " No outsider has ever hears such a rare delight."

" Catchy." Aaarrrgghh stated as Fay nodded in agreement

" Awesome sauce!" Toby cheered as he waved his hands around with the Wumpas

" This song is so beautiful." Claire stated quietly as a Wumpa walked up to them

" Come. We feast." The Wumpa stated as they grabbed Jim and Claire's hand

" Oh. what's on the menu?" Jim asked casually as the Wumpa held his hand

" Outsider tried to sneak into camp last night." The Wumpa stated as Another Wumpa walked by with a big smile, " Tonight, we eat its heart."

The Wumpas led the group to some stone tables as they prepared the meal. Fay could sense that something wasn't right. She had a hunch but she just wasn't sure if she would be able to tell someone. Just like she had a hunch when she was about to light her village on fire. Fay shook her head lightly, not wanting to remember the past and not wanting anyone to notice her discomfort. Sadly her past went unnoticed but her discomfort did not. Aaarrrgghh wrapped his arms around Fay and Blinky as their food came.

" Ah! Fresh swamp maggots." Blinky said as he dug in as Claire watched in disgust

Fay watched Claire look over at Jim who managed to take a bite of the maggot and spit out after words after he had been caught looking at her. Fay giggled at Jim's misfortune as Aaarrrgghh continued to slurp the maggots one by one. It was a while before Blinky got up from his feast and headed over towards Tobias. Fay could see them conversing before a Wumpa latched itself to Blinky. Fay quickly moved to a closer table to hear their conversation.

" This servant bother you? You want me kill him?" The Wumpa asked as they held Blinky in a headlock

" No, no, no, he's fine. For now." Toby said as he booped Blinky's head with the Flamingo leg. The Wumpa dragged him away from Toby and back to the table

" It is you? Really you?" One Wumpa asked as they got closer to Toby, " Faith I kept. Others follow Blungo, the Pretend King."

" Pretend King?" Toby questioned the Wumpa

" And now you stay and fight Blungo?" The Wumpa asked while making kissy noises towards him

Fay giggled at the sight as all the other Wumpas joined in with her laughter.

" Yeah." Toby said unsure of himself at the moment

" Oh, great king." A Wumpa called out to him, " Now is the time of telling. Why returned have you?"

" Uh yea. I have returned for one great purpose--" Toby said as Fay looked back at the group to notice his nervousness, " To tell you of my grand adventures in a far-off mystic land called, Arcadia!" Toby announced as all the Wumpas gasped in amazement of their great king

" Yeah! Yeah! I battled the diabolical Coach Lawrence and his Unclimable Ropes!" Toby said as he began his story

Fay sneaked away from the mess hall in boredom until she was on the outskirts of the camp. Some of the Wumpas watched her wearily, some paid no mind to her curiosity of the place. Fay wandered into a small are of the camp where she could see little lights fly around in the tall grass. She managed to sit on a long and watched the moving lights from afar. Fay sat there in silence as a Wumpa came up to her, holding some kind of liquid in two cups. They sat down next to her and gave her a cup.

" We drink for return king!" They said before gulping down the contents

" For returned King!" Fay cheered with them as she raised the cup instead

" Fairy no like Glub?" They asked as Fay looked inside the cup before realizing what they just asked

" Fairy? Who?" She tried to play it off as she shifted nervously

" You. You fairy, return normal. You wings." They stated and pointed at the cup

Fay glanced around at the wandering Wumpas as they passed by in smiles. They knew this whole time?

" Fairy return King home safely. You good fairy." They stated as the took Fay's hand and patted it

" I return normal?" Fay asked as she held up the cup

The Wumpa nodded in a big smile and made the chugging gesture to her.

Fay swirled the liquid inside the cup before taking a sip. Immediately she spit out the contents and gagged out on the ground.

" Fairy must drink full Glub for ritual to work." They stated as they helped Fay off the ground, " I hold nose for you while you drink."

Fay took one glance at the cup before closing her eyes and chugging the liquid. It burned as she drank it. As the Wumpa promised, they held her nose from the hideous smell. As soon as she was done the Wumpa cheered with their cup and started dancing. Fay opened her eyes to see everything becoming hazy.

" Fairy complete ritual!" She heard the Wumpa state as she was led into the throne room

Musical drums were playing and chanting was beginning as she caught sight of Toby dancing with the Wumpas. She thought she saw Blinky and Aaarrrgghh dancing somewhere. The little Wumpa guided Fay to a table.

" Tired fairy rest here. Wait for results, then shall be normal!" They cheered before waving their hands wildly and running off into the dancing crowd of Wumpas

" This isn't going to end well....I..can....feel it.." Fay passed out on the table. unknowing that a certain gray troll watched her fall into her slumber.

He thought about striking her first with his poisoned blade but had second thoughts as he knew his main goal was to kill the Trollhunter. He quickly switched targets from the tree line as he caught sight of the human Trollhunter.

" You are mine," His voice croaked as he watched the scene play out below him

- very slow update, my apologies.