Attack

Fay sat there as she watched Jim wake up his mom and give her a glass of water. Fay looked between Stricker and Draal's passed out form. She wanted to help him but her legs were in pain as she tried to stand in Strickler's palm.

Strickler gently set her down on the fallen bookshelf as he joined the conversation with Jim and his mother. She watched the conversation as Jim finally looked back at her and held out his hand.

" Mom, I want you to meet Fay. She is the last fairy of existence." Jim introduced as Fay slowly fluttered and dropped herself into Jim's palm.

" That's a tiny human being with wings." Barbara stated as she examined Fay

Fay only nodded when the cans by the basement door began to clatter together. Strickler stared at them for a moment as Jim closed his hands around Fay. Suddenly the cans blew up as everyone jumped back to protect themselves.

" The Basement!" Jim and Strickler both exclaimed

" What's in the basement?" Barbara questioned with worry

" Draal, was supposed to guard it." Jim explained as he looked at Draal's form and then back at the basement door

The door slowly creaked open as a black sphere came rolling towards them.  Jim Quickly let go of Fay as he tried to get away. Fay on the other hand scrambled towards Draal's hand that laid on the ground. She tried to pull it but her legs gave up on her as purple electricity sparked before all the lights went out.

" What happened to the lights?" Barbara asked as Fay became stiff.

She hid underneath Draal's hand as a purple fireball launched itself where she was seconds ago. She watched as a light was moving with the owner of Jim's voice.

" Strickler, get my mom and Fay out of here!" Jim whispered as he walked around looking for the intruder.

Strickler gently grabbed Fay and pulled Barbara's arm towards the basement. Fay reached out one last time for Draal but she was too little to grab him.

" No, no! Not without Jim!" Barbara yelled as Strickler pulled her into the basement

They raced downstairs as Strickler gently let Fay and Barbara go. He quickly began to move boxes and a shelf that hid the secret passage way. Fay fluttered in place as stopped looked back at the worried mom.

" Barbara, quickly in here." Strickler spoke as he pointed at the secret doorway

" But what about my son?" She snapped at him, " What's going to happen to him?" Her voice shook as everyone stared up at the ceiling

" No, you have to go" Strickler grabbed her arm to break the silence

" No!" Barbara protested and shook his hand away

" You don't understand, our lives are bound magically." Strickler tried to explain to her

" Are you really talking about our relationship right now? My boy is in danger!" Barbara yelled at him as she tried to run up the stairs

Strickler quickly grabbed her as Fay sat down on the shelf and watched the human and changeling.

" No!" Barbara refused as she slapped Strickler only to feel the pain on her cheek, " What was that?"

" Listen to me, Leave now!" Strickler demanded as his eyes glowed red

" What are you, Walt?" Barbara questioned

" I'm someone who can help your son but, I can't till I know your safe. Please." Strickler pleaded

" Then go to him!" Barbara told Strickler as he nodded and pointed at Fay