Troll Queen

Fay's small hand swung gently as it laid slightly over Draal's brow. She was silently taking a nap as Draal walked through Trollmarket. He had heard about some news and was just checking it as he spoke to some of the other trolls. Some had said that the queen of troll were coming to Trollmarket. Draal shook his head without realizing that Fay was still on board.

Fay was thrown into one of Draal's horns as he shook his head. She could only see purple and orange lights moving as she tried to open her eyes. Fay just laid there in a daze as she watched the light of crystals pass by. Draal hummed and began walking towards the Forge to think of why the queen of the Krubera Trolls would be here in Trollmarket.

" Ah, Draal." Vendel's voice spike as Draal turned towards him, " May I borrow Fay?"

Fay lifted herself from Draal's horns at the sound of her name. She was greeted with Vendel's hand as Draal gently grabbed her from his head and placed her into his. Fay kept her eyes on Draal as Vendel began to walk away with her.

" I'm so glad I found you." Vendel finally spoke as he entered the Heartstone

" You were looking for me?" Fay asked as she turned her head to face his white eyes

" Yes, indeed." Vendel said as he set her down onto the table, " You are a fairy therefore you have healing magic. Healing magic that can help us heal."

" Who's hurt?" Fay sadly asked as she climbed a stack of books to get a better view

Aaarrrgghh's head popped out from underneath a table as Vendel ushered him forth. Confused, Fay tilted her head to the side as Vendel lifted up Aaarrrgghh's arm. Shocked at the sight of poison, Fay turned away in fear. She looked down into her hands before turning around and stretching her hands out towards Aaaarrrgghh.

Nothing happened as she stood there in silence. She felt tears swell up in her eyes as she tried to flutter her wings at the same time. Hoping that she will some how heal her poisoned friend. Instead, her arms dropped to her side as tears fell from her eyes. She knew the outcome of what was happening. It had happened before as she watched fairy soldiers in the infirmary being exposed to poison arrows.

" Fay? Is everything alright?" Vendel's voice cut through her past

" He's dying, isn't he?" Fay though out loud

Vendel only nodded in response as Aaarrrggh stepped towards her. Fay looked up at the gentle troll in tears as he brought his stiff hand to her face. Silently he wiped away her tears that once stained her face.

The liquid seeped into the cracks of his hands and faintly glowed a yellow. Aaarrrgghh and Fay were too busy hugging to notice the small glow. Vendel stood there in satisfaction as he watched some of the cracks slowly formed back into smooth stone. It stopped abruptly as Aaarrrgghh let go of Fay and stood to face him.

" Now Fay, Since you know the secret, you must'nt tell anyone a word of it." Vendel spoke quickly as

" But-" Fay tried to stand taller in response

"No Buts." Vendel cut her off as he gripped his staff

" Don't want family to find out." Aaarrrgghh stepped into the conversation

" I'm part of your family! You and Blinky set me free from a crystal that I was encased in! You are my family and family has each other's backs!" Fay pointed at Aaarrrgghh before jump off the table

She glided down and landed smoothly on the ground. She could hear Vendel calling her as she slipped past the exit and hid behind a rock outside

" FAY!!" Vendel came bustling out the doors looking for her. She could see the outline of Aaarrrgghh's shadow follow Vendel's into Trollmarket.

She took this chance to flutter up to the top of the Heartstone but only made it halfway as she felt pain of where her wing was injured. She climbed the rest of the way as heard a horn sound throughout Trollmarket. She wasn't very interested as she sat on top of the orange stone. She sat there for awhile before hearing a crowd cheer. Fay shook her head and opened her eyes.

She could see all of Trollmarket from here. The bridge, the blacksmith where Draal got his hand, and the forge. The Heroes Forge. She could hear voices cheering, as she watched a blue being launched into the air. Fay thought of Draal as she looked at her hands. Thinking about all the times she was with him and how she was still useful.

Fay stood up from her small form but fell down as she felt her wing ache in pain. She knew she shouldn't have used it so early. Fay crawled over to the side and slowly climbed her way down towards the stone ground.

After sometime, she made it to the Hero's Forge that was guarded by some large grey trolls that looked similar to Aaarrrggh. She glanced at them before quietly sneaking past their feet. She didn't dare too look back as she felt the ground shake beneath her. Fay quickly turned a corner and dodged every trolls feet until she recognized Vendel's.

She quickly jumped onto the wall and gabbed at Vendel's skirt. She held on for dear life as she started to climb up. Fay was swung to the right as she looked up to see Vendel smiling down at her. He lowered his hand for her, which fay quickly rested on as she was raised up onto his shoulder.

" I'm sorry for my actions earlier. I should not have fled from you." Fay softly whispered into his ear.

She managed to catch a quick glance at the glowing troll beside them. She could sense a bad aura from her as she looked back at Vendel. Worried, Fay stayed out of sight in case the other troll noticed her.

" Everything is alright, I'm glad you showed up." Vendel quietly spoke to her as Usurna turned her head towards them

" What are you mumbling about over there?" Usurna asked as Fay tried to hide underneath Vendel's beard

" I was just speaking to the last Fairy of her kind. We had a situation earlier and she has come back to apologize for her actions. Therefore Fay, I'm sorry for the way I have treated you." Vendel spoke as he brought Fay out in front of him, where Queen Usurna could see

" A fairy? But those creatures have been extinct for ages." Usurna questioned as Vendel place Fay on the ledge.

" We may be extinct but at least one of us is still here." Fay gently spoke as she draped her legs off the edge to watch the fight.

" I stumbled upon her one day and realized it was a fairy encased in a crystal. Curiosity got the best of me as I thought there could be some way of how to get her out." Vendel spoke of how he first met Fay.

Fay was so intrigued into the fight that she gasped when Draal was launched upwards and then punched back into the arena floor. Fay quickly got up but Vendel blocked her exit of jumping off the ledge.

" He needs healing." Fay complained as Usurna raised her stone eyebrow at Fay's response

" This is the fight between the Trollhunter and Draal who is taking Aaarrrgghh's place. He will be fine." Vendel said as he gently pulled her back onto the ledge

" But, Draal?" Fay pouted as she continued to watch the fight, her hands balled up into fists as she watched him not get back up.