Chapter 3

Clary's POV

Blood rises to my cheeks in anger as he sits down next to me. "Clary Fairchild! What a nice surprise! You look different, I like it! Do you want to meet me behind the school afterwards?" His cold voice says. The anger I was trying to contain, releases and I smack him hard on the cheek. He looks at me in shock. His cheek was still red. The whole class had stopped to look. To see what THE JACE HERONDALE would do. But of course he said in a low voice "Watch it Red! I'll get you back". I just snorted. "We'll see about that!" I muttered. He was about to say something when my uncle Luke Graymark walked in. "Ok! Class! Welcome to English! No one needs introductions I assume so let's get straight into it!" He started the roll and when he got to Jon's name, marvelled,he looked up and saw the two of us. He cleared his throat and said "Jonathan M!" Jon being the darling he is said "Good Morning Mr Graymark! How are you today" Luke looked astonished. "Very well thank you" and he carried on the roll. Once he got to my name I said "here" and he continued the roll. After a long and boring hour we carried on to Math, where nothing excited happened anyways. Finally, thank goodness, it was lunchtime.

--- PAGEBREAK---

After standing in a mile long queue at the cafeteria, Jon and I looked for somewhere to eat. Unfortunately the only table open with two seats remaining were the Lightwoods table. I looked at Jon. His face was grim but he shrugged. Cautiously we walked up and asked if we could sit there. They looked down but nodded their heads. The two seats were opposite each other one next to Izzy and one next to Jace. Jon and I read each other's minds and I sat next to Izzy. The tension was high. You see Izzy dated Jon but cheated on him and Jace dated me but cheated on me AND Izzy and I were besties and Jace and Jon were as well. The only normal one was Alec, who was like a second brother to me, as he casually ate his pizza, talking to Magnus, his boyfriend from the time Jace and I got together. Otherwise the table was silent. Izzy, unsurprisingly, was the first one to talk. "Clary! I can't believe your back! We have SO much catching up to do!" She squealed. While Izzy and I made small talk, I could feel Jace's cold stare behind my head. Thankfully, I was saved by the bell and was able to go to my next class which was options so I was highly unlikely to have anyone in my class. So I abruptly stood up said bye to Jon, Izzy and Alec and rushed off to class.