Chapter 16

Clary's POV

I walk out from the never ending line with my food and turn to see some kids already are sitting in our usual spot. I sigh and go sit somewhere else. I hear a moan coming from that table as I pass it. I turn to see which couple it was now when I see a skinny hand in a very familiar looking colour hair. Gold. Jace. I let it finally sink in. Jace is cheating on me. With KAELIE. I push Kaelie off him and slap him in the face. The whole cafeteria goes quiet. "Jeez. To think you had changed. Wow I'm so dumb. I can't believe that I actually thought you cared about me."
"Well I'm sorry you weren't right for me! And I mean look at me. I'm known as the hottest guy at school and you are just a nerd. When I said I had feelings for you it was a dare by my good friends. You may know them. Isabelle and Alec. That's right. We never really wanted to be your friend. I mean look at you. You are ugly and short with freckles and you look like you haven't gone through puberty yet and we are the hottest kids on campus." He says.  I scoff and I see his eyes widen. I turn and run out of the cafeteria with tears threatening to come out. I should have never come back. I call mum to tell her to have a good life, not that she could even care less, when the familiar darkness over comes me. I see yet another different squiggle and I take out Jace's stele, which he had told me to keep, and draw it in the air. I step through the Portal and fall into sand. I instantly know where I am. California. I stand up and dust my self off. I walk to the nearest institute. During the week where Jace had saved me, he taught me all about the Shadow World. I draw the anti-tracking rune on and knock on the large wooden door. A young man with chocolate brown hair opens the door. I clear my throat. "My name is Clarissa Fairchild. I was wondering if I could stay here. I recently just left the New York institute and am looking for a place to stay. Also don't tell anyone. From now on I will be called Claire Branwell. And don't worry about school. I think I'll be fine without it."
"Hello Claire Branwell. Welcome to the California institute. We work very diligently here so please make your self at home. Just for today though. Tomorrow we will have to assess you so we can see your fullest potential. Oh and my name is James. Named after my great grandfather Jem." And he then opens the door wide and lets me in. I know this is where I belong. I can feel it.

I'm sorry I haven't been active in a while but it is the school holidays now so I can write more often. Tune in! And Meme at the top!
Your author,
ClaceMalecSizzyLover➰➰➰