Chapter 4

Clary's POV

Art. One of my many joys in life. A time where you can do whatever you want to do and not let anyone stop you. I'm in the class right now in the middle of sketching a landscape of a small ancient part of London where the plaster on the wall is so thin you can see the bricks behind it. It's so vintage that it's beautiful.

With music in my ears, I'm so absorbed into to the piece that I don't hear the teacher walk in. I feel someone sit next to me and another person on the other side. I look up to find Sebastian, one of my many friends before I left, and of course Jace. I roll my eyes and continue to draw. The teacher takes the roll and says we can do anything for this lesson to see where we are at. I continue to draw, but out of the corner of my eyes, I see both the boys watching me with intensity. I clear my throats and they quickly avert their gazes and start to draw on their own paper. The teacher comes around and takes a look at our work. Sebastian drew a frog while Jace drew a player on the football field. Well at least tried to draw them. When the teacher gazed over mine she told me to wait after class. Then she went to the next table. I continued to draw when I heard Sebastian say my name.
"So Clary, Do you want to go to dinner on Friday?"
I rolled my eyes and didn't respond. Unfortunately, he took that as a yes.
"Great! Come to the Grande Restaurant at 7 then!"
I wasn't going to go obviously.

Finally, the bell went and everyone rushed outside. I took my time packing up as I needed to stay in anyways. The Teacher walks up to me and asks "We have an art gallery coming up! Do you want to enter? I'm sure you are going to get it!" I was like "Yeah ok." But in my head, I was screaming with joy. I muttered a thank you and raced off before Jon could leave with out me. Unfortunately, he wasn't there but his bike was so I decided to wait. Alec came up to me and said " Hey! What are you waiting for? Jon right? Oh well he got detention and will be there for another hour or two so do you want a ride and you can come over to our place?"
"Thanks Alec! You're a lifesaver! Hold on! I'll just text Jon."
I brought out my phone and texted him then we walked to Alec's Lamborghini and sat in and drove off.