• 34 •

T H I R T Y F O U R

1 week later

A L E X A

"I never liked it. It was a weird texture and the taste was just awful." I made a disgusted face as Michonne brought up sushi.

"You're insane, I loved it." She sat down on my bed as I sorted all of the new guns we received from the kingdom out on my floor. They found loads of guns, enough to stack hilltop and the sanctuary.

"Okay, sushi.... which guns do we use now and which guns do we save for later?" I was on my knees, my hands on my thighs as I used them for support as I looked around.

Michonne sat next to me, observing with me.
"These belong here." She spoke to herself, moving a few guns around.

"These should be used now, for scaring purposes, right?" I pointed to the right.

Michonnes eyes followed my finger.
"Yeah, those will do. These need to be saved for later. They've got extended clips, better scopes, better fire rate." Michonnes hand hovered over the guns on the left.

"Perfect... Dwight, simon, come get these guns and sort them out. The guns on the right are to be put in the front of the armory, the ones on the left go to the right side of the armory." I spoke into the walkie talkie I had set next to me.

"Got it. On our way."

I ran my fingers through the roots of my hair, pushing it out of my face.
"Are you stressed?" Michonne questioned.
"More of our men were killed last night." I whispered.

"Who?" Michonnes brows furrowed.
"Mark, Kane, Daniel and Jeremy." I sighed. They were scavenging and they just got killed.

"We always need to be prepared. There's something really big coming... something not good." I raised my brows.

"Nothing we cant beat, Alexa. They don't know what we can do... they don't know what you can do." She could tell how nervous I was.

"Dad was the only reason I was confident last time and I was barely confident.. how am I supposed to do this without him?" This was my first fight without him. I didn't know how to process that.

The last time we spoke before he was bit was when I got my stitches out. We told each other we needed each other.

Who would've known that it would be the last time I would say it. Who knew that would be the last time he kissed my head.

I was overwhelmed. I needed his help. I needed to know he was still with me to get through this.

"You have us. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for." Michonne placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We stand with you, we fight with you, we survive with you... we win with you. This is your show." She whispered the last part.

I smiled lightly, placing my hand on top of hers.

"This is our show." I took a deep breath in.
"Yeah, yeah it is." Michonne nodded.

"Guns guns guns!" I heard laughter as my door opened. I peered up, seeing Dwight, simon, and Kyle.

"Hi boys. Come and collect. Like I said, the ones on the right are in the front of the armory and the ones on the left to the right side. Be careful and don't drop them." I stood up, as well ask Michonne.

Dwight, simon, and Kyle began collecting the guns orderly and bringing them out of my room.

Once my floor was cleared of the guns, Michonne and I stood in the middle of my room.