• 29 •

T W E N T Y N I N E

4 days later

A L E X A

"Rick! Carl!" I screamed out.
"Carl! Rick! Rick! We- we have to go get them!" Michonne panicked.

"Go! Run!" I heard Carl yell, walkers surrounding him and rick.

"H-hey! Over here! We're over here! Come over here!" I shouted, pointing my gun in the air and shooting into the sky to try and get the walkers attention.

"Get out of here! You have to go!" Ricks voice echoed.

"No, no!" I went to run, but felt arms grab me and hold me still.
"No! Let me go!" I cried, fighting against the force, tears streaming down my face as I watched Carl and rick being swarmed by walkers.

E A R L I E R T H A T D A Y

"Nurses office." I pointed in front of Carl and I, a door that clearly read 'nurses office'.

We currently were searching a old high school that I actually was supposed to go to but then the world turned to shit.

I reached for the knob, but the door was locked. I tried to pull it open again, but there was no hope.

"I got it." Carl playfully bumped my hip, scooting me aside. He pulled his knife out and stuck the tip of the blade in the lock hole.

He moved the knife around until we heard a clicking noise. Carl turned the knob and opened the door.

"Ladies first." He stepped aside, motioning me to go in.
"Why? You scared?" I played back, walking inside, pointing my gun.

I checked around the room for any dead ones.
"Clear." I put my gun down.

"I'll check the cabinets you check under the bed and the drawers." I told Carl.
"Got it."

I opened the cabinets on the top first, finding nothing but dust and empty boxes. I crouched, searching the cabinets on the floor.

I opened one and there was absolutely nothing in it. I opened another, seeing a box of bandages. I grabbed it, opening it and seeing bandages in it.
"Hey, I found bandages." I looked over my shoulder at Carl.

"Is that some sort of eye joke you want to make but are too afraid to actually say it." Carl sarcastically chuckled.

"No, it's not." I smiled, tossing the bandages at him. He caught them, chuckling again and looking at me.

"I miss your smile." Carl set the bandages on the counter next to him.

"Yeah." My smile faded and I continued to look throughout the cabinets.

"Antibiotics." I said, tossing them to Carl.

"Peroxide." Carl informed me.

We searched the room until there was absolutely nothing else to search.
"Three things. Not bad." I put the supplies in the little bag that I had.

"Yeah, not bad... let's go check some class rooms maybe even the actual office part." Rick, Aaron and Michonne were along with us, but they were in a whole different building.

"Okay, you want me to lead the way?" I questioned, standing in front of him.
"Go ahead, but neither of us really know where we're going." Carl grinned, pinching my left cheek with his index finger and thumb.

"That's true." I admitted with the tiniest smile.

"I really miss your smile." He sighed, his happiness no longer showing.
"There's just not much to smile about anymore." I mumbled.