A sequel

"How do I look?" Rosa asked, doing a little twirl, making her short red dress ruffle around her.

Hugh laid glumly on Rosa's bed, staring at the ceiling, "Fine." He grunted.

Rosa put her hands on her hips, "Hughy! You're not even looking!"

I don't have to, he thought, You always look amazing

Hugh turned his head to the side and looked at Rosa. A tight knot formed in his stomach. She looked beautiful- just as he had anticipated.

He turned away before she could notice the effect she had on him, "You look nice."

Rosa grinned, "Awwww! Thanks Hughy!"

"Yeah yeah..." Hugh grumbled. He sat up, "So who is this guy you're going out with anyway?" He asked, jealousy corroding his words.

He hoped she didn't notice. If she did, she didn't let on.

"Oh he's an extra in Love and Battles," Rosa explained finding a mirror and putting on mascara, "He was so cute and nervous, I just couldn't say no!"

Hugh crossed his arms, "I could be cute..." he mumbled.

"Hmm?" Rosa hummed, not hearing her friend.

Hugh sighed, "Nothing."

Hugh wanted so desperately for Rosa to not go on the date. He wanted her to stay here with him. He wanted her to stay and never leave.

"Rosa?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we friends?" Hugh asked.

Rosa looked at Hugh with pure shock, "How could you ask that? Of course we are!"

"You're right...it's stupid, I know."

"It's not stupid..." Rosa assured, "I'm just confused. Where did that even come from?"

Hugh shrugged, "I don't know."

He did know. He was hoping he'd be more than just that.

A friend

(A/N. Well it's not good it's also by the idea I had- it was Grace_Everdeen 's

I didn't do it justice though

K thx bai!)