A thing

(A/N. Also unedited I'm sorry

No I'm not

But it's like COMPLETELY unedited so there are 100% going to be errors you don't have to point them out odds are I know they're there)

Ariana took a deep breath and knocked on the wooden door in front of her. The number 21 was etched in gold on the door.

"Come see me when you're out of jail. Don't bring...him...with you"

A woman of around twenty opened the door. A look of shock engulfed her face as she saw Ariana.

"Ariana?" She wondered.

The woman looked familiar to the ex Team Rocket admin; she had relatively short brown hair up in a ponytail and brown eyes.

"Lyra?" Ariana asked.

Lyra crosses her arms, "Are you looking for Silver?" She asked, frowning.

Ariana nodded sharply. She should have a right to see her son! She shouldn't be being questioned by the one who took him away.

Lyra sighed, "He's not here but...would you like to come in? He'll be home soon."

Ariana hesitated.

"I won't interrogate you...that's not my job." Lyra assured.

Ariana nodded and let Lyra lead her inside the apartment. Pictures of Lyra and/or Silver adorned one wall varying from when they were teenagers to the current day. The kitchen, living room, and dining area were one room, with two other doors leading to what were probably the bathroom and bedroom. The apartment was by no means small, as there was plenty of room, but Ariana still couldn't help feeling claustrophobic.

Lyra sat Ariana at the small dining table and sat across from her. The two sat in awkward silence for what felt like hours.

Lyra spoke first, "You look a lot like Silver." She observed, awkwardly.

Ariana nodded, "Yes...He always looked like me. He had his father's temper, though."

Lyra frowned, "Yeah. I noticed." She hissed.

Ariana sighed, "He's always been like his father...when he was a child he idolized Giovanni. When that boy Red came along and destroyed everything Giovanni worked for, Silver was so disappointed. He left and...I didn't go after him."

"You should've."

"I know that now."

"You should've known it ten years ago." Lyra snapped.

Ariana grimaced, "I know! I chose a man over my son, and I will never forgive myself, but we loved Silver!" She argued, "Giovanni absolutely adored Silver. He was his only son, and he only wanted what he thought was best."

"Abandoning him? That doesn't seem like a good call."

"Giovanni figured that Silver would come back...that he would realize he was foolish to run from his family and return to us."

Lyra raised an eyebrow.

"But Silver is not the only one who lost Giovanni," Ariana continued, "We all did."

"I'm sure you all had plenty of time to catch up behind bars."

Ariana sighed, "Yes...but that is in the past. I am here to make amends with my son, without Giovanni."

A smile tugged at Lyra's lips, "That's all Silvey ever wanted."

The redheaded woman noticed a silver band on the brunette's finger.

The two women heard the front door open and turned towards the sound.

"Babe! Guess what happened at work today..." Silver's happy tone died and trailed off once he saw Ariana.

After seconds of silence, Lyra coughed, "Uh...you have a visitor."

Silver took his hat off, "Mom? What...What are you doing here?"

Ariana stood up, "I came to see you...just like you said."

Silver crossed his arms, "Oh? And father?"

"Still in jail..." Ariana sighed, "But I'm here for you."

Ariana scanned her son up and down, looking at his uniform.

"You're...a police officer?" She asked.

"Oh yeah..." Lyra sighed, "Doesn't he look amazing in that uniform."

Silver looked at Lyra as if he was just noticing her. He blushed and walked over to her, placing a kiss on her cheek. Lyra giggled in response.

"Why a police officer?" Ariana asked, completely dumbfounded by the route her son chose to take.

Silver's expression hardened, "Because criminals deserve to be behind bars."

Ariana visibly flinched, "I see."

Silver sighed and walked over to his mother, and Ariana took notice that he was finally taller than her. She was even wearing heels.

"You served your time. Once father is done with his, are you going to go back to him?" Silver asked.

"You talk about your father like he's a monster!"

"Are you going to go back?"

"No!" Ariana exclaimed, "I'm done choosing him over you!

"Please Silver...I want to be in your life again." She begged.

Silver turned to look at Lyra. Instead of speaking, she signed, "Y-O-U-R D-E-C-I-S-I-O-N" Silver hated that Lyra was taking after Red.

Silver turned back to his mother and nodded.

Tears in her eyes, Ariana pulled Silver into a hug. Silver ignored the mist in his eyes and wrapped an arm around his mother in silent acceptance.

When the two redheads pulled away, Ariana grabbed her son's left wrist and pointed to the ring on his finger, "Now, when were you going to tell me you got married?!"