Smol stuff

"Moon I like you!" Lillie confessed, eyes shut tight. She opened her eyes to find her own face staring back at her. She sighed and put her hair up, having changed into her new outfit.

She couldn't just tell her...could she? No. She couldn't. Not with her stupid brother around to ruin it. He didn't even like Moon! He didn't see all the amazing things Lillie saw! He never gave Moon a second glance, yet she was all over him! He doesn't even know how lucky he is...

Lillie tore her eyes away from the mirror and walked outside, where her friend was waiting.

Upon seeing the blonde, Moon broke out into a smile, "Lillie?! Wow look at you!" She beamed, running to meet the girl.

Lillie blushed, "Do I look...okay?

"You look awesome!"

Lillie's blush intensified, and another blond approached, "Well look who's finally rebelled against Mother." He commented.

Lillie sighed and shook her head, her ponytail swishing, "I'm not rebelling against Mother. This is just my Z-powered form!" She said, doing her own little Z-dance.

Gladion smiled, "I like it. It's very you."

Moon suddenly felt her body become engulfed in a Bewear hug.

"Moon! The malasada ship in Malie city is doing a two for one deal!" Hau's voice screeched.

Moon punched the air with her fists, "Yes!"

Hau put her down and noticed Lillie. His eyes went wide and for once, his goofy smile fell from his face.

"Woah...Lillie...You look..."

Moon hit Hau in the gut.

"Amazing." Hau sputtered.

Gladion glared, "Excuse me?"

Hau laughed nervously and hid behind Moon, "N-Nothing! I'm just gonna go now!" He said, scurrying off.

Lillie finally noticed the objects in her brother's hands, "What're those, Gladion?" She asked.

Gladion's eyes flickered down to the two objects he held. He handed the orange flute to Lillie, giving and explanation about it being tied to the legendary Pokémon. He then handed Moon a masterball.

Moon stared at the object like she had just received a gift from God.

"Uh...hello? Moon?" Lillie whistled, waving a hand in front of Moon's face. Gladion rolled his eyes and told Moon and Lillie to follow him to the docks.

As Gladion walked away, Moon whispered to Lillie, "I blacked out. Did I say something stupid?"

Lillie sighed, "No."

Moon let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank Arceus." She shoved the masterball into her bag, "Let's go."

"What's the big deal?" Lillie asked bitterly as they followed her brother, "It's just a Pokéball."

Moon blushed, "He touched my hand!" She squeaked, a grin adorning her face.

~~~

"Looks like it'll be raining awhile." Moon sighed, sitting down against the wall of the cave. Lillie sat next to her.

Now's the time, now's the time! Her mind chanted.

"M-Moon?" Lillie said nervously.

"Hmm?" Moon hummed, her eyes not leaving the falling rain.

Now or never.

Lillie squeezed her eyes shut, "Moon I like you!" She confessed.

When Lillie opened her eyes, she found Moon staring back at her, mouth open in shock.

"W...What?" Moon gasped.

"I..." Lillie's confidence wavered, "I like you, Moon. Like a lot."

"You're kidding."

"No...I'm not."

Moon shook her head, as if the possibility of Lillie having feelings for her was impossible. Moon suddenly became very interested in her shoelaces.

"Moon? Please say something..."

"What should I say, Lillie?" Moon suddenly snapped, "That I like you, too? That I don't have a huge crush on your brother and it was just a cover up?"

Lillie winced, "Look Moon, I know-"

"But you don't know! God! And I can't believe I just talked on and on about Gladion to you..."

"What do you see in him anyway?" Lillie asked harshly, "He hardly knows you even exist!" She hissed, "He doesn't get you like I do, Moon!"

Moon grimaced, "You don't think I know?" She asked in a low tone, "Do you honestly think that I'm completely oblivious to the fact that Gladion could care less about me?! Do you think I'm stupid?!"

"I would never think you're stupid, Moon!"

Moon made an audible "Tch" sound and stood up. She walked out of the cave and into the rain.

"What are you doing?" Lillie asked.

"I don't have time for this crap." Moon answered, "I'm going to get the stupid flute, and we're gonna save Lusamine."

Lillie sat and watched as Moon trudged through the rain and mud to grab the flute from its pedestal. She hid her face in her hands and felt the need to scream.

Lillie and Moon didn't speak the whole ride back to Poni island. By the time they got there, it was dark and they had to stay at the Pokémon Center. Instead of sharing a room like they usually would have, Moon insisted separate rooms, leaving Lillie's heart to ache in peace.

(A/N. Wow look at Moon being kind of a bitch

Also unedited so deal with the errors)