Chapter 32

Camila sat with the jauregui's for about 3 hours as they waited Mike took off his coat and handed it to Camila seeing as her clothes were soaked in the rain and stained red. About another hour came until a doctor finally came out asking for Lauren.

"A Ms. Lauren jauregui?" The doctor said as they all stood up and rushed towards him.

"Is she okay is my daughter okay?" Clara said frantically as she held Mike with her and camila just waited with  anxiousness.

"She's stable at the moment "the doctor said but more of a sad tired tone "she's badly bruised up but that will heal......."

"Then what?"camila asked knowing there was more to it.

"We lost her twice do to lack of blood pumping to the heart" the doctor said as Clara cried in to Mike's shoulder as camila felt pain in her heart "we stitched up the wound but she has 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung"

"We placed a small tube down her throat to help her breath but it will be awhile for her to talk when she awakens" the doctor said feeling horrible for what he has to say next as camila could tell there was something coming

"But......" Camila said seeing his hesitancy as he sighed.

"She maybe be stable now but there's a chance she could go into cardiac arrest do to being beaten with a bat hitting her ribs pretty had and injuring her lung with the cause of loss of blood " the doctor said sadly as camila just wanted to see her baby and hold her close and never let her go.

"Can we see her?" Camila said as her voice cracked " please"

"Yes, but she's a sleep and could be for a few days if we're correct" the doctor said as camila nodded.

"Um we'll stay here you can go camila" Mike said holding a crying Clara in her arms, Camila just nodded as she walked to the room the doctor informed her.

She made it to the room and opened the door slowly and walked in to see Lauren laying a sleep peaceful but with tubs sticking out from her mouth and many IV's tracfering blood in to her body as well as water to keep her hydrated.

Camila made her way to the bed and sat down in a chair as tears fell from her eyes for the hundred time today. She studied Laurens features seeing Lauren had a busted lip, black eye and a cut brow. She couldn't tell much from that seeing as most of her body was covered in the gown she wore and blanket covering her up.

Camila reached in to her pocket and took the ring of Laurens she had when the nurses had to take her away but stopped to give her the ring Lauren couldn't wear. And took Laurens hand and placed it back on her and kissed her hand.

"In sorry Lauren I'm so sorry" camila cried as she held Laurens hand and watched her sleep "I told you I would protect you and I failed at that"

"And Now here you are again because I couldn't keep you safe like I said I would"camila said as tears ran down her cheek

"your my everything Lauren and you made me a promise you would try so I'm holding you to that now because i need you....I can't lose you" camila said getting up and kissing Lauren on the temple as she caressed her cheek and held her hand.

"Things may not be the same afterwards" camila said playing with her fingers in thought "but I'll be here every step of the way"

"And When you wake, and get better, we can start our lives together and do what we planned" camila said staring at Lauren as her chest rose and fell "because I don't want to do this without you baby"

"I love you" camila said as her voice cracked everywhere as she sobbed in to the bed sheets holding Laurens hand in her own the whole time, eventually camila let the tiredness of it all get to her as she lay their and fell asleep.