Children part 15

Yun-He is trapped inside this orphanage.

Because he was branded with the mark by that evil spirit, his soul is forever imprisoned here.

His corpse is also buried here.

T evil spirit of the director died but Yun-He's soul remained.

The orphanage was rebuilt after the fire. New children moved in. There is new hatred and the vicious cycle went on and on. The poor children, they look well off and nurtured, but underneath, they are nothing but playthings to the rich and famous.

The boy A-chi that Seon Mi met in the bookstore was one of them.

He's not actually the son of Wen Siwon, he's just an adopted child from the orphanage.

Just an object, a toy, an accessory.

The child would live alone when that author doesn't have any social appearances to make. But when the author comes to the orphanage, he would beat the child to vent his stress and frustration from work.

A-Chi's live is actually worse than a dog. The author is only donating to the orphanage to reinforce his reputation in the society.

Each and every child in the orphanage have different life and fate.

The hatred that circulates the orphanage called out to Yun-He, he became the new evil spirit. He could control and enslave any children's spirit under his command. In his body, his personality splits into 2. The truth is, he never wanted to become an evil spirit..........but, he doesn't have a choice.

"If I didn't want to hurt her, then why would I call out to her?" Yun-He asks.

"Because you wanted to meet her for the last time. Or maybe you thought that I was the only person that could fulfill your wish in this world."

"Fairy-nim, you are so up yourself." Yun-He chuckles and his body starts to change. The hatred and darkness penetrate his child form, turning him into something monster-like.

"Even if I become an evil spirit like this, you are still willing to help me?"

She watches Yun-He's terrifying form. She breaks free from his arms and runs toward the rotting creature. Without hesitation, she embraced the bloodied form.

"Yun-He........"

There are tears forming in his eyes.

"I can help you....but, can you nullify your contract with her?"

If an evil spirit dies while in a contract, the other person in the contract will also be affected.

She holds onto Yun-He tightly, not willing to let go. All she wants to do is to savor this short moment of silence.

"Seon Mi ah....... I've missed you so much........I've always wanted to hug you again.....just like this............"

"I'm sorry......Seon Mi.....to let you remember those memories again........ I was just.......feeling too lonely.........."

"..............before I'm completely devoured by my other self......before he craves your blood........right here and now.......I am releasing you from our promise........."

".........I won't summon you again.........."

"Then, can you please.........do one last thing for me............find my corpse.......and let me......leave this place..............."

"................I'm sorry, don't cry.................."

"..............Goodbye..........."

Goodbye.

She turns around, she can see the great sage Son Oh Gong have said something to Yun-He.

Afterward, in the pitch of darkness, sparks of blue light slowly lit up the space. That light starts to burn at the mark on Yun-He's forehead and his entire body is encircled by fire.

She's bawling in the great sage's arm, watching his body crumble into nothing.

30 years after that day, the orphanage is surrounded by fire again.

Children are trying to escape in panic. During the fire and the rain, the Sacred Heart Orphanage's secrets are finally revealed. All the hidden files got exposed. It received a tremendous amount of social media coverage. There are lists with names of well-known people abusing and violating children in the orphanage. All the affairs that have revealed deeply disgusted people. Not only did they violate children, they also participated in children trafficking. They found a lot of corpses in a dried up well. Through further investigation, this orphanage was conducting these illegal businesses for several decades. Also, Wen Siwon was also suspected of participating in this, he was charged and his reputation hit rock bottom. He's widely criticised and is now facing court. And the children from the orphanage are currently taken care by other organization, waiting for loving and caring families to adopt them.

Due to all the hatred and vengeance that have accumulated in the orphanage, the public has hired people to pray for those deceased children, hoping they could pass on.

Since that day, the rain continues to fall.

It's raining.

Since the day Yun-He left, her body returned normal.

He and she also found the children's corpses that were buried underground. However, they could no longer distinguish which parts belong to Yun-He.

She followed Yun-He's last wish and burnt all of the corpses.

But, that day, her happiness was also burnt along in the fire.

Following the resurrection of those forbidden memories, she no longer sleeps at night and would space out during the day. She no longer tries to actively look for a job. And she no longer smiles at him.

He thought that she will cry, but in the end, she didn't.

After Yun-He's passing, she did not shed a single tear in front of him.

As if she's scared that he will be worried, she tries her best to eat and live. But the truth is that he can clearly tell that she's becoming thinner. He would try to seek out delicious food or try out different recipes. But she seemed to have lost her sense of taste to any food.

The colours in her life are gone.

Sometime she would look into his eyes and say I'm sorry.

The thing is, she didn't do anything wrong.

It's him, he's open to release her hidden memories. And now, he's at a loss in trying to bring happiness to her once again.