Children part 10

WARNING: Violence, child abuse

One night, she's hiding in a bathroom on the 3rd floor, taking a shower. She wiped her face clean for the first time in a long while.

When she came out, she met director Kim who is drunk. Yun-He said that she must not run into any adults.

That person.......

He gave her a lolly, but she can see something clinging to him : evil spirit.

She also saw.......the shadows of all the missing children behind him.

She's never seen terrifying evil spirit like the one he's possessed with. She accepted the lolly with shaky hands, pretending that she didn't see anything. She finally learned where all the children spirit that appears in her room at night came from.

After meeting that man, she started to get sick.

With that sickness, the volunteers of this orphanage transferred her down to the basement. Yun-He would stay by her side, feeding her water and stealing medication for her, therefore, she managed to hang on her life and barely escaped death again.

When her illness got worse, she said to Yun-He that she's going to die. She asked him has he ever thought about escaping from here?

Yun-He held onto her and started to cry, he said that he doesn't know where he could go outside of the orphanage. If she dies, then he doesn't want to live anymore.

This is the first time, someone said something like that to her.

Then, she thought to herself that she needs to survive for Yun-He's sake and they must escape together.

Her body is deteriorating but she forces herself to eat the pills Yun-He brought to her.

________________________

That night, they decide to escape.

However, they were caught by the guard dogs. Because Yun-He's leg was injured, both got captured and was thrown back to their room.

Yun-He is now locked into the 4th floor and wouldn't let her enter his room. She saw the director that gave her a lolly again. Both were punished without mercy. Every whip would draw blood, leaving wounds on their body. Because of her blood, that man went crazy.

The man said something weird to her, he said, so the blood of Samjang was right in front of his eyes.

The man would cut her wrist with blade and suck onto her blood. Yun-He throws himself at the man, trying to wrench him away from Seon Mi. They broke the mirror in the room and she can see the reflection of the evil spirit on the broken glass shards, baring its fangs at them.

The man says : "I'm going to keep you alive so I can drink blood from you every day."

He then throws her into the pile of broken glass, cutting her skin. Blood starts to seep out from the wounds and pool on the floor. In the corner of her eyes, she saw the man holding Yun-He onto a table and started beating him.

"RUN!!!" Yun-He screams at her.

The man holds a searing hot metal brand, pressing it hard onto Yun-He's forehead.

Through her tears and crying, she can hear Yun-He screaming at the top of his lungs in pain. Through her bloodied vision, she can see that a blade running across Yun-He's neck........

It's.......her fault.......

Yun-He died.......because of her......

Damn it!......she's the one that is supposed to die........

Yun-He's struggle becomes weaker. She lies on the floor, Yun-He's legs slowly stopped moving......

"Samjang......." The man turns his head to her and grins, "Yun-He liked you so much, so now I've branded the mark of evil onto his forehead, I have turned him into a spirit that will be imprisoned in this place forever. In that way, he can stay here with you forever. Do you like it??"

Her body is already at its limit, she can't do anything, can she just die??

She lies there, blood continues to run into her eyes.

She starts to grin.......Fairy-nim, you're a liar.............because Jin Seon Mi is a cursed child, there is no one there to protect her.

Even Yun-He died......Yun-He died because of her.......then she should die too......let's end this, let's end this cursed fate.