Mermaid's tear part 3

When the mermaid's legs come into contact with the sea, pain shots through her body and she trembles in pain. Finally, it turns into a red tail.

All this is because she has lived on land for her lover for many years.

She endures the pain and blows a bubble towards Seon Mi. The bubble surrounds her and forms a thin shield.

The two swims through the deep sea. They swim through the coral forest and finally arrives at a deserted cave. Seon Mi knocks on the door and enters alone. She finds a pale but defined looking man drawing inside.

His features are cold, but the art he drew looks very realistic.

"So this is The great sage Son Oh Gong's chosen bride."

He lifts his head from his painting slightly.

Seon Mi politely explained their intention. The look in the man's eyes become deep. He got up, opens the door and said to the mermaid: "You love him, are you willing to die for him?"

The mermaid reply with sorrow: "I am willing to die for him. But, he won't be happy if I did that."

The prince replies lightly : "Human's life span was determined since birth. If you intervene, it will attract profound consequences. If you forcefully meddle with his life and death, he will also fall into the path of becoming an evil spirit, and you......will also receive divine punishment."

He then glance towards Seon Mi and continues to ask

"If there is no pill of immortality, what will you do?"

Tears streams down the mermaid's beautiful face.

"Then please gift me a dagger that can kill mermaids."

Seon Mi feels terrible and adverts her eyes.

The prince throws a dagger towards the mermaid.

"Go ahead now. I will look after the guest of The great sage."

The mermaid bowed and thanked her. Before she left, the mermaid gave her the 'mermaid's tears'.

Seon Mi........ doesn't know what to say.

Seon Mi follows the prince back into the cave. He has a cold attitude but is still polite and treats her with manners. He starts drawing again.

She's confused, how does the noisy Son Oh Gong become close friends with someone who doesn't like to speak?

"You shouldn't run away when he's napping. The sea is not as safe as you think. If he found out, he's going to turn the world upside down." He says.

She agrees.

She looks at the painting. It starts to ripple, and light starts to emit from the painting. She sees the mermaid that left not long ago. She holds the dagger, not stopping for a moment, swam back on shore and turns into a wrinkled old lady.

She returns home to her lover.

The man's hair is white and his breathing is weak.

He reaches towards her with shaky hands and caresses her face. The mermaid is sad but is determined, she said: "Don't worry."

If she can't save him, then she's determined to die with him.

But, that man, brushes his hand across her eyes and said:

"Return to the sea. I knew long ago that you are not human. You are a mermaid, the sea....is where you belong."

Seon Mi and the prince watches the animated painting quietly.

The mermaid broke down.

She shook her head, she returns to her original form except for her legs.

"Thank you for always been there for me. Thank you for always loving me. Thank for loving someone like me who is nothing special.......so, please, live on well. Everyday.....if you can, smile. Even if it's just for me.....because, I love your smile........."

The man smiles and then, his breathing stops.

She strokes his face in sorrow.

"How can you be so nice and cruel at the same time? How can I smile without you in this world? The world without you, every minute and second is a waste of time!"

Then, she takes out the dagger and stabs herself in the heart.

Seon Mi gasps and tries to stop her. But all her hand could touch is a pool of bubbles.

The mermaid, became bubbles. All of those shiny tears falls onto the man's face. Glistening and reflecting the bright sunlight.

Seon Mi feels her heart ache. Her tears, also falls uncontrollably.

_____________-

"Did you think that everyone in the world would have a chance to overwrite their fate?"

The prince looks at her intently.

Many people in this world, only wish for a chance.

Love can save, but it can also kill.

"Why did you want the 'mermaid's tears"?

Even if the dream is mended, things that has happened cannot be fixed. She, is well aware of that fact.

However, she still wants to do something.....something.

Just like that mermaid, although she knew it was hopeless, but still came to beg for the pill. Love, is to let go, to sacrifice and be selfless.

"...........Why is he always sleeping?"

A demon would be more familiar with demon affairs.

" Not only did he went through the 99 trials for you, he also drained most of his blood to save you."

If you want to go against the rule, then you must pay equal price. The world is all about balance, give and take. No one is exempt from that rule.

"however, you don't have to blame yourself about this. It is him who fell in love with you afterall. The moment you died, his heart and soul also followed after. Now that he's alive and well, I should thank you instead."

She finally understood, why he and the prince would be close friends.

Although the duo's personalities are polar opposite, one is fiery and one icy. Yet both are sharp with their words and gets straight to the point.

Her heart feels heavy, because the prince said he drained most of his blood.

He always love to tease her, make her angry. He would say he's going to get rid of all the rice cake in the world at one instance, and then harvest stars for her at the next instance. Sometime, he's childish, he's arrogant. But someone like him, is determined to face death for her.

He would chase her until the end of the world, and even gave her one of his eyes.

And the 99 trials....and ........his blood.......

No wonder why he's always tired and it's hard to wake him up. His old wounds haven't had time to heal and he's already received one ones. He's not immune to injuries........

She close her eyes in grief.

Now, one of his eye is inside her, if there is anything wrong, he can tell straight away.