Work part 10

Sunday......

Today marks the launching of the cologne 'Luss', they are holding a celebration party inside a movie museum next to the fountain.

That imbecilic dares to send him an invitation?!

The great sage lands his feet on the tabletop, the air around him is oppressive and his fury is evident to everyone as he incinerates the invitation into ashes.

PK's face is decorated with band-aids as he sips on his drink, cowering in fear on the counter. He thought.......Oh Gong-hyung has forgotten about punishing him......

But this was not his fault..... that man was neither a deity or demon........

Summer fairy shoots PK a sympathetic look and pours some drink into his cup.

PK downs the drink and runs in front of the great sage meekly.

"Oh Gong-hyung, allow me to accompany you to the event tomorrow!"

"If you screw things up, I'll make you into pork mince and sell you to a supermarket!"

His eyes are burning with rage.

He needs to go to the convenience store to look for some assistance.

This is necessary step when he's facing off with such a despicable opponent.

-----------------------

The fateful night soon arrives.

He attends as promised.

There are 4 more hours left until the end of the bargain.

He walks into the venue at 8PM. There are countless cars parked outside the museum yet the area is eerily quiet.

There are no signs of staffs walking around to keep things organized.

He can smell something unusual. PK's sense of smell is even more sensitive and he's already recoiling in hesitation. He drags PK to the entrance and the museum remains dead silence.

There is a piece of paper stuck on the door, it reads:

Guests, once you step into the venue, you must obey the rule of 'Absolute time':

1: Before midnight, you are not allowed to speak the forbidden word: LOVE or its homonyms. (Love in chines is pronounced 'ai')

2: Before midnight, find sleeping beauty and kiss her awake.

Consequences:

1: If you speak the forbidden word, you soul willed be taken.

2: If you can't find sleeping beauty and kiss her awake before midnight, then all the taken souls will perish forever.

"Oh Gong-hyung........"

"Do you want to walk inside yourself or me drag you in after I beat you into a pulp?"

"..........."

Thick air envelops them as soon as they set foot inside the museum.

The suffocating scent of flowers attacks their sense of smell.

The surrounding is filled with tall trees and plants. Flowers are blooming brilliantly.

He frowns and takes out a cologne and sprays some on him and PK.

"Woah!!! Oh Gong-hyung, I can't believe you bring these things around.....didn't know you like those things......"

PK pokes fun.

"I think his manipulation ability has something to do with these enticing smell. Follow closely."

-----------------------

Why are there so many plants?

Where're all the people??

This place is like a vast tropical forest. It's extremely hot and humid. Although there're no signs of people, the venue is still set up. Thus, forming a bizarre sight where black vines are entangled with the tables, movie screens, and cutleries.

There's something playing on the screen. PK stares at the giant screen and says,

"Isn't this---"

The great sage whips his head around and glares,

"Don't speak needlessly, don't risk with the forbidden word."

That was close!!!

PK covers his mouth.

Suddenly, a person sprints out of nowhere and flings himself into PK's arms. PK was startled but realizes this person is his personal assistant who is also a demon: S.

S reiterates on what happened during the party before it was transformed into this mysterious forest in tears and snots.

Because S was scared and his sense of smell wasn't very sensitive, he did not fall under the spell of the smell. He hid in a corner as he watched the guests having their souls reaped from their body. The forest expands as the guests' bodies become sucked in and trapped inside the giant plants, producing those blooming flowers.

.............

They walk forward as three.

Time ticks by as they walk deeper into the forest.

The path looks endless and their strengths are getting depleted.

The great sage was not tempted by the illusion produced in the forest but PK on the other side heard a voice. A familiar figure begins to emerge from the fog.

The great sage remains silent as he notices who the person is. PK stares at her speechless, after a moment, he calls out a name.

She left this world 8 years ago.

Buja........

PK feels ecstatic yet pained at the same time despite her appearance is only an illusion. However, the great sage is on full alert, if PK is about to utter the forbidden word, he will perish that figure without hesitation.

"Oh Gong-hyung, I know what to do." PK states calmly.

He lifts his head and looks at the figure that is walking towards him. Buja looks exactly like how she was, cute and fragile.

"Palkye-nim." She calls out to him in an endearing voice.

She throws herself into his arms. He staggers a little from the impact but crushes her against his chest. His body begins to tremble.

The look in the great sage's eyes begins to deepen.

"This.........this is really insulting my level of power!!!" PK speaks.

No one can see how he attacked but a flash of yellow sweep across the air towards the evil spirit inside his arm. The evil spirit screeches in pain and it reveals a bunch of vines. There is a rake like a weapon in PK's hand. PK spins the weapon in his hand and then it disappears.

The great sage walks forward and gives him a pat on his back.

They understand each other even without communicating a single word.