14

14: "It's okay, okay? Just leave me alone now and cut it off I need to be alone."

"No, stop!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I wanted to throw the lighter on his face but couldn't since he held my wrist firmly with his hands

"No, stop!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I wanted to throw the lighter on his face but couldn't since he held my wrist firmly with his hands. The smile on his lips didn't disappear, his eyes dance to see me scared like a little girl who's too afraid to light a candle on.

"Come on! It's not that hard," he smiles and looks up to me as I feel him about to lighten a candle on, "Angel, you just-"

"Oh my god, I'm going to fucking slap you if you don't let go of me now!" I yell and feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Okay, Okay!" He let go of my shaky hands and let the lighter fall down.

I breathe out in relief and tried to calm down of my panic attack since we tried to burn the candle on for the past twenty minutes. I feel his hands covering mine to stop the shaking and it immediately did especially when he swung his arms around my tiny body.

He didn't say anything but when I feel his chest moving faster which means he's chuckling- I pushed myself away and slapped his chest.

"It's not funny!" I widen my eyes so he'd understand how serious I am but he couldn't stop smiling. He tried to press his lips together but since he had to smile he cracked.

"Should we try again?" He suggested calmer now but I shake my head.

"No," I cross my arms on my chest.

"Okay, then watch me and we will do it together step by step?" He rises one eyebrow when he suggested a way to accomplish my dream to fight my fear against using lighters.

When I didn't say anything in respond he took it as an agreement and slowly lightens the candle on. My eyes watch his fingers and widen when he handed it closer to me after he was done.

I silently shake my head, push the lighter away to cause him to laugh again, "I never asked you but why are you scared?"

"Because my dumb brother burned the house down on my birthday." I pull my lip out and hate to remember the day he literally destroyed my 12th birthday.

"Oh," he breathes and just stared at me without saying anything else, failing to show any empathy.

I roll my eyes in respond which caused him to hug me again and squeeze my body very tight. I scream out and tried to back him off, making him laugh at me even more. He went through my hair and left it messy, giving his best to annoy me in any way possible.