Chapter 9

Edwin

I sat in the Uber and I went straight to Tiffany's. I dialed her number and she picked up.

Tiff: Ed?

Me: hey-uh I'm coming over.

Tiff: Is everything ok? Where's Jewel?

Me: I'm done Tiff. I'm so done. I just can't continue loving her knowing she loves Z. Dead ass it's killing me and once he woke up I knew my shot was done for.

Tiff: Woah. Ed relax.. Ill be waiting with some wine. You need it.

Me: Thank you.

-

"Let's go to the bar down the block," Tiffany said walking in dressed with an Adidas crop top and orange bottoms.

"I don't care I need a drink or two. Nice color by the way."

-

Tiffany and I took a few shots and my head started to spin. I closed my eyes and she took the shot glasses away from me.

"That's enough buddy," she sighed. "I don't like seeing you like this."

"Tiff I'm sorry. I shouldn't have came to you. I know you have a thing for me.. this was a bad move I don't wanna lead-"

"Edwin shut up. I'm here as a friend ok?" She spat handing me a glass of water.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"Come On let's dance!" She pouted and I smirked at her.

I knew she genuinely wanted to help me. She has been a good friend to me for a while now. I think it's time I accept the help.

I got up and we danced in the bar like weirdos and soon people even joined us. I twirled her around and we danced freely since she wasn't much of a dancer. But it was cute.

I took out my phone and went on Snapchat. She came behind me and we smiled. I posted it quickly and we went to our seats.

"I wanna take a pic for the gram babe," she said taking out her phone.

I sat down and she put a leg over mine and I froze for a second. Ah what the hell. Our picture was taken and she removed herself.

"Let me see."

She showed me the pic and it was actually cute. She posted it and we continued genuinely talking for the night. And to be honest it was great to just talk to someone about what you're feeling.

Now

"I DIDN'T CHEAT ON HER!!" I yelled and Zion stared at me blankly.

"Bitch what? She called you babe on the phone-"

"She calls everyone that-"

"Her leg was on you in the picture-"

"It was just for the picture. She wasn't on me like that. She's extra like that-"

"Point is you're dumb as fuck for doing that to Jewel-"

"And you're dumb as fuck for even caring. Dude she's free. The fuck You in my face for?" I growled and Zion clenched his fists.

"She's been crying all day. At least tell her the truth and break up the right way," Zion spat.

"No. Let her hate me. It'll be easier for her to move on. Zion she's a good girl. It's time I let her be. She loves you. Always will and fuck as much as it hurts to admit it ya deserve each other. So please Zion let it go," I sighed as tears fought to spill out.

"As you wish man. You lost out on a great girl-"

"So go get her and let me regret it," I groaned.

"Dude it's not about who has the fucking girl. Right now it's about her happiness-"

"And with you She'll find that. I need you to get out," I growled as a tear ran down my face.

Zion stared at me for a moment and shook his head in disbelief. "You're unbelievable."

"Did she tell you what I told her before you proposed?" I asked.

"No-"

"You should. Now."

Zion

I knocked on the door and I heard Jewel say, "Come in."

I entered the room and saw Jewel laying on her stomach. She looked up at me and smiled. I looked at her a moment and looked away. She has a new collage on her wall. I looked at the pictures and saw one of her and I. I was holding her from behind and kissing her cheek.  I felt my heart tug at the picture but forced my eyes away.

"Z you ok?"

"What went down between you and Ed before I proposed to you?" I asked and she quickly looked up at me.

"He said a few things. Nothing crazy," she sighed.

"Well What was it?"

"To go through with it. That that's where I belonged," she replied and she looked down sadly.

I nodded at her and felt my chest tighten. He's right.

Was right.

My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID.

Malu.

Me: Hey what's up

Malu: hey baby coming over?

Me: yea I am give me a few love

I hung up on her and Jewel smiled slightly.

"Nalu?"

"It's Malu," I corrected.

"It's mAlU- I don't give a fuck it's a case," she replied.

I laughed at her and shook my head. "What are you gonna do Jewel?"

"What you mean?"

"With this whole Edwin shit," I groaned looking back at our picture.

"Nothing. Fuck him. I'm focusing on me and my goals," she replied.

I smiled at her and nodded. "Now that's what i love to hear."

"Don't you got somewhere to be?" She smirked looking up at me.

"Right," I laughed awkwardly.

"Have fun babysitting- I mean... hanging with Nalu," she smirked going back on her phone.

"Oh shut up hoe."