Chapter 19

Nick

I left Brandon alone and walked up the stairs. I looked at Rose's door and sighed. I knocked on Austin's door first and he opened it. He took off his headphones and raised an eyebrow.

"What happened?" He asked.

"A lot dude. I'll tell you later but right now I need you to take Celine for the night. I need to talk to Rose," I sighed and he stared at me.

I knew I looked a wreck and I knew he saw the pain all over my face. In this house Rose and Austin truly saw me. Truly knew me.

"Anything you need bud," he replied following me to Roses room.

I opened the door and Rose was sitting on the windowsill. She stared at me seriously and Austin went to Celine's crib. He took her out cautiously and I nodded at him as he exited the room. I closed the door behind him and locked it.

"What happened?" She spat and I just stared at her.

I couldn't bring myself to explain or even say anything that went down without endangering her and Celine or keeping myself together if she breaks apart.

"Rose we need to stop. For sure-"

"What the hell did he say Nick?" She asked impatiently. "He obviously knows we.."

"Yea. He knows."

"Did you tell him what's going on exactly?"

"I told him that it's not deep-"

"WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?" She growled coming towards me.

"Why wouldn't I say that-"

"Because it's a damn lie Nick!" She cried and I stared at her.

"Is it really a lie?" I sighed covering my face.

"You're not dead ass Nick."

"I know how I feel. You know how I feel. You don't know what you're feeling Rose-"

"Don't say it's not deep though. I wouldn't have opened myself up to you in that way if it wasn't-"

"Yea I know that god even HE knew that. He knows you so fucking well," I groaned looking away from her.

"God," she sighed covering her face.

"Come here," I commanded and she walked over to me.

I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a hug quickly. She grabbed onto my tank top and crunched it in her hands.

"Don't say it's not deep for me. You mean a lot to me," she mumbled and my eyes watered.

"I know I know.. but what I'm about to tell you is going to change everything. And I just wanna say that it's expected and I won't hate you for it-"

"Nick what are you babbling about?" She sighed looking up at me.

I cupped her face and pressed my lips on hers as hard as possible. She returned the kiss instantly and I sighed into it. I stopped the kiss and grabbed her hands. I kissed them both and held them firmly.