Chapter 47

Jewel

I sat at the table and took in a deep breath.

Honestly I can't believe Zion and Rose convinced me to do this shit. But I thank them for it. I knew I would've regretted this if I didn't.

"Hey babygirl," my dad said as he sat in front of me.

We were at a diner. My favorite one actually but I didn't tell him that.

"Hi," I replied.

"I'm glad you reached out. I'm happy to have this moment with you," he smiled as his eyes began to water.

"So. How was the last few years been treating you?" I asked clearing my throat.

"I've been working my ass off. I'm part of a furniture business. I've been also working at other international businesses to make money. And I saved for you-"

"I'm giving you back the check-"

"I would like to see you try. You're keeping that check. I worked for it for you and you're keeping it-"

"It's unnecessarily-"

"And I don't care. You get your stubborn shit from me so try me," he smirked shrugging his shoulders.

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little bit.

"I wanna know how your life has been going. Please tell me every detail," he smiled grabbing my hands.

"Well obviously Rose and Zion are still around. Zion is in a boyband and he's so talented. I actually dated one of them at first but that was a whole mess with Zion that were not gonna get into-"

"Is it the Dominican one?" He asked.

"Yes how did you know?" I laughed.

"Your moms first love was a Dominican so I figured ya have the same taste," he laughed and I burst out laughing as well.

"Way to go mom. But yea he's a great guy though. Rose dated this guy Andrew but he cheated on her. Another boy band member Nick beat him almost to death because he got physical with her and Andrew went psycho. We all dead ass could've died. But Rose dated Brandon-"

"Wait she didn't date the one who beat her ex?" He asked confused.

"No she's stupid but wow. We should've figured it out he liked her since then I'm shook wow," I spat clicking the pieces together. "But she dated Brandon. They had a kid and everything. But he cheated on her when he was drunk but he was still aware of what was going on. Now she is with Nick."

"At least she's in a happy spot now. I saw her daughter on the way out. Looks a lot like her when she was young," he smiled.

"I know right? Wow. But yea Zion and I started dating. He fell in a coma after he proposed to me-"

"What the fuck?"

"Andrew shot him. But yea a year later he woke up. The band broke up and everything. Some shit went down but when he found out I got cancer.. he came back to me."