Chapter 38

Jewel

I hugged my knees and stared out the window. This couldn't be real. Someone switched my pills and honestly I couldn't stomach it. Someone really had access to my pills. And the only person that knew about it was...

No. Let's not go there.

"Baby?"

Tears poured down my face and I sat up. I couldn't even look at Zion. I couldn't look at anyone. Zion placed a bag next to me and I saw clothes. I gripped the bag and began walking to the bathroom. Zion took out his arms to help me and I lifted my finger to stop him.

"Baby don't shut me out-"

"Zion I need you to stop talking," I spat and walked in the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

-

The drive home was silent.

I walked in the room and everyone separated into their rooms again. Zion closed the door behind him and threw his keys on the table. I sat on the bed and curled in a ball.

"Jewel I need you to talk to me," Zion sighed. "Jewel. I know you're hurting but we can get through this together-"

"DONT! ... don't say 'we' as if you fucking wanted to have this baby!" I cried sitting up.

He looked stunned. His eyes widened and he dropped the bag in his hand. "The fuck just came out your mouth? Don't say I didn't want the baby-"

"You DIDNT ZION! I wanted the baby! You wanted to kill her-"

"JEWEL STOP! Just... stop," he spat as tears poured down his face. "She was my daughter too. I know in the beginning I was against it out of fear but I let myself have hope. Hope that YOU gave me-"

"What so you're mad I gave you fucking hope?!"

"DID I FUCKING SAY THAT?!" He barked loudly making me flinch.

"Zion only you knew about the pain killers I was taking-"

"You're not.. you're not blaming me for what i think you are..."

"Zion you were the ONLY person who knew!" I yelled. "And I repeat you didn't want me to have her!"

"Jewel you could've died! Why would I do that?!"

My phone vibrated and I picked it up. I saw a picture with Zion holding my pills and my heart shattered.

"I need you to get out," I spat.

"Excuse me-"

"Get out Zion! Leave! Get out! We're done! I want a fucking divorce! Get out!" I screamed throwing a pillow at him.

His eyes widened at me and he couldn't even move. More tears poured down his face and he nodded slightly.

"So much for trust huh?" He spat.

"Well you don't give me much to work with. You never did," I replied crossing my arms and I knew that hurt him.

"Ok Edwin go to hell," he groaned and walked out the door, slamming it behind him.