Chapter 7

Zion

"You got us a house?" Jewel gasped.

I leaned against the hallway wall and closed my eyes. Honestly my heart was breaking. I was so angry. I love her. With everything in me. But some shit always seems to go wrong. I thought we were finally gonna get our happily ever after and.. just like that I'm dead for a year.

"Yea baby girl. I'm serious and always been serious about you," Edwin replied and the happiness in his voice hurt even more.

The door next to me opened and Brandon came out. He crossed his arms and I followed him in his room. I closed the door behind me and joined Rose and him on the bed.

"Talk."

"I don't know what to do with myself," I sighed and Rose put Celine in her crib.

"You have the worst luck," Rose replied and Brandon chuckled a bit.

"I know. I don't want to go through this shit again," I groaned.

"I know Z. Edwin went through worst though. He held his first love night after night while she cried over you. Usually he wouldn't even sleep to make sure she did. You know how many tantrums she had? Therapy didn't work. She didn't want to let go. But for her own well-being and honestly all of ours she had to. It was almost an impossible thing living with her," Rose explained.

"Edwin really helped her didn't he?" I sighed.

"Yes. He was there the most and he mourned as well. He didn't even make a move on her til the night before you woke up. He held on. But again your timing is remarkable," Brandon chipped in.

"My fucking luck. And I want them to be happy but I love her bro. I proposed to her and she said yes and for me it was two days ago not a year," I spat.

"To be honest I understand and I'm mad at all three of y'all," Brandon sighed and I raised an eyebrow.

"How?"

"Edwin went through hell picking up the pieces again and almost a year later was when he decided to make a move. Jewel was a complete mess and I know she was just trying to help herself and us to live better. You, obviously none of this is your fault. All you did was die and wake up. I'm mad because y'all are acting childish and petty," he groaned and I crossed my arms.

"He's right," Rose mumbled.

"I know I am," Brandon shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

The door opened and Jewel walked in.

"Bitch you won't believe what Ed-" she stopped talking when she saw me and we stared at each other. "Never mind."

"Edwin asked her to move in," I smiled and she raised an eyebrow.

"You were listening in?"

"Of course I was," I smirked shrugging my shoulders.

"Wow Zion On me much?" She groaned.

"You prefer me in you instead?" I laughed and she widened her eyes crossing her arms.

"Caleb cut it out," Rose barked and I shrugged my shoulders.