Chapter 35

Rose

"Hey.. I made you breakfast."

My eyes opened and I saw Brandon standing by my bedside with a tray of food. I rubbed my eyes stretching slightly. I sat up and smiled at him.

"Thank you baby," I said and he raised an eyebrow at the use of 'baby'.

"Feels good to hear you call me that again," he smirked but couldn't help show a wider smile.

"Stop," I blushed as he sat beside me and I dug in.

Fuck. I missed his cooking. He knew exactly how to cook for me. Interns of amount, taste and what to cook. I forgot how much Brandon knew me.

"Let's take Celine out," Brandon suggested.

"Yes. Yes that'll be great. I want her to see us together again. She needs that's and I know she missed it. I know we confused her-"

"Hey. It happens. She's still very small and she won't even remember this," he smiled as he stared at my lips.

"What?" I asked swallowing my food.

He leaned forward and licked my lips hard and leaned back again. I stood frozen as he smirked in satisfaction.

"You has cream cheese on your lip," he replied with a deeper tone.

And that about did it for me.

-

We entered the diner hand in hand with Celine and she smiled excitedly pointing at a purple booth. We found this cool diner on our drive that was very colorful and it just seemed like a place Celine would be comfortable in.

We were escorted to our table and Celine was placed in a high chair. I flipped through the menu and my mouth watered at a grilled chicken sandwich. Yup. That's happening right now.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yea can I have a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of fries. Also a chicken tender platter with mash potatoes and two chocolate milkshakes," I said.

"I'll have the same as her," Brandon told the editor and he nodded.

"It should be ready in a bit."

"Celine you're happy mommy and daddy are here?" I asked grabbing Brandon's hand.

"Yes!" She chuckles smiling slay us back and forth.

"I love you," Brandon replied to her and she blew a kiss saying, "love you too."

After about 10 minutes our food arrived and we all smiled. I cut her chicken in pieces and added a small puddle of ketchup on the edge of her plate. Crime giggled and began eating.

"This looks great," I smiled digging in.

"Taste good too," Brandon replied with a mouth full of food.

I grabbed my milkshake and Celine instantly whined for it. I rolled my eyes playfully and gave her a sip. My phone rang and I looked at seeing Jewels contact name.